The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+7
king_carlos
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
11 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:40 am

First topic message reminder :

It's a bit HOT down here.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Would have thought those photos of Tino in his y-fronts would be scandal enough.

Not on their own, but David Attenborough paying for them is a different story.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:30 pm

Galted wrote:
Would have thought those photos of Tino in his y-fronts would be scandal enough.

With Graham Norton's 'lost' credit card.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:32 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

With Graham Norton's 'lost' credit card.

In David Jason's house.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 pm

The Unbearable Lightness of Being Fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:53 pm

Regarding Henry the Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:22 pm

Czech out my tird!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:43 pm

Pal Joey wrote:The Unbearable Lightness of Being Fist.

Only just seen the relevance of this. It's the end of a (Kund)era.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:39 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:The Unbearable Lightness of Being Fist.

Only just seen the relevance of this. It's the end of a (Kund)era.

What a silly kund.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:52 pm

Galted wrote:Czech out my tird!

A prague on both your houses.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:59 am

Anyone have Huw Edwards in the nonce lottery?

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:19 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Anyone have Huw Edwards in the nonce lottery?

Fist

No but I'm not entirely surprised. He did have a fade shaved into his hair a year or so ago. Anyone of his age that does that should immediately be locked up and bummed to death in HMP Wandsworth without trial.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:26 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Fist

No but I'm not entirely surprised. He did have a fade shaved into his hair a year or so ago. Anyone of his age that does that should immediately be locked up and bummed to death in HMP Wandsworth without trial.
 Haven't been this disappointed since it turned out Cliff Richard might not be a nonce.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:31 pm

Galted wrote:

Fist

Haven't been this disappointed since it turned out Cliff Richard might not be a nonce.

I bet you're not as disappointed as Sir Cliff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:00 pm

A slight change of topic. Just came across this disturbing article. Seems we're pretty much phucked!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/venomous-fire-ants-could-spread-nationwide-as-eradication-funding-stalls-20230713-p5dnwx.html

What do you think, Tino? Some of the comments are quite funny.

The sad irony is I've barely had anything to report on the wildlife front for some time (except for those few wasps last summer here) and it has actually been eerily quiet on the insect front. I've hardly seen the small black ants (there are usually thousands around here going back and forth from God knows where... to where?) and I've seen only a handful of bees in the last 6 months or more. No spiders of any description - although it is mid winter.

What I have noted, however, is all the reports of the "world's warmest days" 3 or 4 days in a row and the prospect of El Nino... which means a hot summer and I bet all the wildlife will be out in force later this year. Earlier than normal I'm guessing. It's still cold in the mornings here (3 to 5 deg C) but reaching 23 on Saturday. So one's rugged up until 11am (heater off at about 9am)... then you can almost lie in the sun in the afternoon. The skies even look warmer. A bit strange, yeah?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:15 pm

Pal Joey wrote:A slight change of topic. Just came across this disturbing article. Seems we're pretty much phucked!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/venomous-fire-ants-could-spread-nationwide-as-eradication-funding-stalls-20230713-p5dnwx.html

Just get a really big magnifying glass.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:A slight change of topic. Just came across this disturbing article. Seems we're pretty much phucked!

L*l out loud. Or Ian Thorpe's hi-techs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:23 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

L*l out loud. Or Ian Thorpe's hi-techs.

Think we seriously need to import some pilosans and just let them loose.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:04 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

"Puts all of Australia in danger ".

The same Australia that is f*cking massive? That one?

They are ants for the sake of f*ck.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:53 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

"Puts all of Australia in danger ".

The same Australia that is f*cking massive? That one?

They are ants for the sake of f*ck.

"A countrywide infestation is anticipated when the ants, which spread their population by rafting down rivers on debris" was the line that made me sit up and take it seriously. I'll let you know if I get "a burning sensation which lasts up to an hour" but yeah, otherwise no need to panic just yet.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:59 pm

Pal Joey wrote:I'll let you know if I get "a burning sensation which lasts up to an hour" but yeah, otherwise no need to panic just yet.

I get that most days.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:I'll let you know if I get "a burning sensation which lasts up to an hour" but yeah, otherwise no need to panic just yet.

I get that most days.

Are you gonorrhea expect me to believe that?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:59 pm

Friday Fist

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:40 pm

Galted is pleased to announce that LiW can be removed from any dead celebrity/BBC nonce suggestions.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:21 am

I'm not Jane Birkin. I suspect Jules is.

Is it safe to come out now (not like that, Galted)?

The Tennis W*nkers, although nowhere near as boring as G*lf W*nkers, are intolerable this time of year.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:12 am

I'm also not Jane Birkin or anyone else who died recently.

Just back from spending a week away with Mrs Superfly's family and I'm not pleased to confirm that they are all still f*cking mental!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Tennis W*nkers, although nowhere near as boring as G*lf W*nkers, are intolerable this time of year.

I'm not too old to ban people for personal insults, you c*nt.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Mind the windows Tino. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:08 pm

At least the tennis w*nkers restrict their angry debate to the GOAT and whether it's a top 3 or should be extended to a top 4 to include that miserable Scottish w*nker (Murray, not Super). They don't delve into politics from what I've seen.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:11 pm

I actually  entered the lottery for this year's Wimbledon and got tickets for the men's final - though Galtova and a cousin of mine went so as not to inflict our kid on anyone.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:13 pm

I haven't been to Wimbledon since they moved to Milton Keynes.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I haven't been to Wimbledon since they moved to Milton Keynes.

Nor has anyone else.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:26 pm

Galted wrote:I actually  entered the lottery for this year's Wimbledon and got tickets for the men's final - though Galtova and a cousin of mine went so as not to inflict our kid on anyone.

Galtova sh*gging your cousin now? How does she find the time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:37 pm

Galted wrote:I actually  entered the lottery for this year's Wimbledon and got tickets for the men's final - though Galtova and a cousin of mine went so as not to inflict our kid on anyone.

She also restrings Djoko's rackets during service breaks. Don't know how she does it.

Jules made the best comment on the tennis thread - that bloody ball bouncing drives me mad. Galtova too.

She tried to stop Rafa from doing it as well but he replaced that habit with the other one - pulling his sweaty shorts out of his Latino bumcrack at every serve. I stopped watching tennis because of those two things.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:06 pm

To be fair I'd probably sh*g my cousin.she's not bad

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:10 pm

Galted wrote:

To be fair I'd probably sh*g my cousin.she's not bad

Agreed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:32 pm

music It feels like the fist time! music

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:59 pm

Sicond.

Supes, some woman was attacked by a pack of dingoes whilst jogging on Fraser Island - or K'gari as they call it now. She had to run into the water to avoid a land mauling but still got 30 bites and one deep laceration. Must be the offspring of the ones you encountered. Think they're going to purge most of them or at least the dominant one wearing the radio collar will almost certainly face the firing squad.

Went to a service for a mate's Dad today. He was a Swordfish pilot in the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy. He always had that sort of whimsical smile and a very calm demeanour. Some good stories about several near misses both on the ground and in the air were recalled during the eulogy... so terrifying but also so funny that some were in fits of laughter. It's unbelievable what that generation went through.

He got transferred to the Pacific after VE Day and flew the US made Grumman Avenger (which had twice the speed of the Swordfish at 280 mph) as part of the British Pacific Fleet. Just as they were being stalled by the Americans (who wanted to prevent any possible British claim for part of the victory over Japan) the first bomb was dropped. What a life he had. Apparently people used to say he was more James Bond than James Bond. Bit of a character. He was still tearing around in his car only recently according to some witnesses.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:12 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

Supes, some woman was attacked by a pack of dingoes whilst jogging on Fraser Island - or K'gari as they call it now. She had to run into the water to avoid a land mauling but still got 30 bites and one deep laceration. Must be the offspring of the ones you encountered. Think they're going to purge most of them or at least the dominant one wearing the radio collar will almost certainly face the firing squad.

Went to a service for a mate's Dad today. He was a Swordfish pilot in the Fleet Air Arm of the Royal Navy. He always had that sort of whimsical smile and a very calm demeanour. Some good stories about several near misses both on the ground and in the air were recalled during the eulogy... so terrifying but also so funny that some were in fits of laughter. It's unbelievable what that generation went through.

He got transferred to the Pacific after VE Day and flew the US made Grumman Avenger (which had twice the speed of the Swordfish at 280 mph) as part of the British Pacific Fleet. Just as they were being stalled by the Americans (who wanted to prevent any possible British claim for part of the victory over Japan) the first bomb was dropped. What a life he had. Apparently people used to say he was more James Bond than James Bond. Bit of a character. He was still tearing around in his car only recently according to some witnesses.

You're in a pretty sh*te situation if something's so bad on land in Australia that you have to take to the water to escape it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:55 pm

Galted wrote:

You're in a pretty sh*te situation if something's so bad on land in Australia that you have to take to the water to escape it.

Yeah, dive straight into a shark's mouth or a cluster of irukandji. Not much of a choice is there?

I saw your comment on the cricket thread, Galts. The one about "perhaps there should be no field changes during an over" is a good one I believe.

Maybe they should get the JSO teams to superglue them down at the start of each over? Then the groundsmen can quickly run on at the end of each over and dig up the turf around them and use wooden stakes to place them wherever they want to be for the next over.

Then the JSO people run on again and add some more glue and repeat the same process after replacing the divots where the fielders were previously placed. Stop the clock in between the fielding placement changes of course... and simply add on an extra day if need be.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:09 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

Yeah, dive straight into a shark's mouth or a cluster of irukandji. Not much of a choice is there?

I saw your comment on the cricket thread, Galts. The one about "perhaps there should be no field changes during an over" is a good one I believe.

Maybe they should get the JSO teams to superglue them down at the start of each over? Then the groundsmen can quickly run on at the end of each over and dig up the turf around them and use wooden stakes to place them wherever they want to be for the next over.

Then the JSO people run on again and add some more glue and repeat the same process after replacing the divots where the fielders were previously placed. Stop the clock in between the fielding placement changes of course... and simply add on an extra day if need be.

I did wonder which body of water she jumped into. Fine if its one of the lakes but I'd rather take my chances with the flaming dingoes than the tiger sharks on the ocean side.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:15 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

I did wonder which body of water she jumped into.  Fine if its one of the lakes but I'd rather take my chances with the flaming dingoes than the tiger sharks on the ocean side.  

Just read an article and it appears she jumped into the ocean - sod that!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:23 pm

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

I did wonder which body of water she jumped into.  Fine if its one of the lakes but I'd rather take my chances with the flaming dingoes than the tiger sharks on the ocean side.  

Just read an article and it appears she jumped into the ocean - sod that!

Looked like one of those shallow murky lagoons just inside of the sand dunes but you are probably right.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:30 pm

At least its stopped the Aussies moaning about ants.

Bunch of flaming p*ssies.

Mate.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:40 pm

My brother was once chased by an octopus but that was the other way round, started off in an estuary and he took refuge on land.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:00 pm

Talking of Swordfish I was reminded the other day of one of my dad's acquaintances who I remember once meeting. Dad built boats. Some of them were steam boats. Pretty sure it was through those that he knew a guy called Admiral Gick.

There was another WW2 character he met through the steam boats. A man called Jack Churchill who unfortunately I don't remember, although we do have a letter he wrote to my mum thanking her for lunch. If you don't know who he was he's well worth looking up.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:01 pm

Hump day claymore wielding Fist!

(In reality not had any coffee and everything is a bit fuzzy)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:46 pm

This post has inspired me to have a cup of coffee.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:26 pm

Thursday Fist

I guess everyone is on holiday, or dead, or both I guess.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:32 pm

This post has inspired me to book a holiday at Dr Kevorkian's clinic.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:50 am

Unmichaelsing fist.

If I wasn't working from home I'd probably be joking with a colleague at the coffee machine about how the weekend's here but how it'll soon be Monday then contemplating topping myself on the walk back to my desk. As it is my kid's recently discovered Alvin and the Chipmunks and is watching the film for the fifth time in as many days.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:23 am

Hey Galted!

The weekend is here. Soon be Monday!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next