The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+7
king_carlos
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
11 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Jun 2023, 12:40 am

First topic message reminder :

It's a bit HOT down here.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon 18 Dec 2023, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri 30 Jun 2023, 2:22 pm

10 siconds. l*l

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 30 Jun 2023, 2:36 pm

Pal Joey wrote:10 siconds. l*l

The aforementioned Chief can down a pint in under 4 seconds. It may be the greatest physical achievement in human history.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 30 Jun 2023, 2:37 pm

It is my belief that Hobgoblin is ok.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 01 Jul 2023, 12:22 pm

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/food/northern-pubs-vegetarian-sharing-platter-just-chips-20230701237125

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun 02 Jul 2023, 1:26 pm

Galted wrote:https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/food/northern-pubs-vegetarian-sharing-platter-just-chips-20230701237125

L*l out loud.

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now. I haven't told my friends and family though. No desire to visit such shame on them. The fact I live in the south is bad enough.

They'd rather I was a nonce than a veggie.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Jul 2023, 8:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/food/northern-pubs-vegetarian-sharing-platter-just-chips-20230701237125

L*l out loud.

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now. I haven't told my friends and family though. No desire to visit such shame on them. The fact I live in the south is bad enough.

They'd rather I was a nonce than a veggie.

With Jeff also being a vegetarian and me enjoying a bit of salmon, that makes me the traditional hard man of the tea society (non-Scottish).

Fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:03 am

I think you're forgetting riCk. He would fold you in half pal.

Have you seen Pee Jay's Tipping thread? I am nestled just underneath Superfly. Not a position I hope to ever find myself in real life.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:22 am

Haven't seen the tipping thread.  I intend to join in every Ashes and then chicken out don't bother because I'm hard.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:25 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I think you're forgetting riCk. He would fold you in half pal.

Have you seen Pee Jay's Tipping thread? I am nestled just underneath Superfly. Not a position I hope to ever find myself in real life.

I'm concerned about you coming up my rear.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:45 am

superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I think you're forgetting riCk. He would fold you in half pal.

I'm concerned about you coming up my rear.  

Who are you trying to kid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:47 am

The three of us are comfortably mid table and ready to pounce for the final 3 matches. Consider yourself lucky, Tino... I've got Eirebilly above me.

It goes against the spirit of the tipping comp really but those are the rules I guess.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:50 am

Pal Joey wrote:

It goes against the spirit of the tipping comp really but those are the rules I guess.

I'd urge you to consider withdrawing that post, Pee Jay.

That's what I would do in your position.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:52 am

Galted wrote:Haven't seen the tipping thread.  I intend to join in every Ashes and then chicken out don't bother because I'm hard.

I send you invites every now and then but I don't expect you to bother responding. I know you are more than likely to have your hands full at the Greenwich Sandpit or trying to prise the cat's claws off your face. Even though you're ambidextrous that's still quite a handful. I understand.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:54 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I'd urge you to consider withdrawing that post, Pee Jay.

That's what I would do in your position.

You "might have" because you're half decent.

Not bad for a palindrome post...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Jul 2023, 11:19 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:Haven't seen the tipping thread.  I intend to join in every Ashes and then chicken out don't bother because I'm hard.

I send you invites every now and then but I don't expect you to bother responding. I know you are more than likely to have your hands full at the Greenwich Sandpit or trying to prise the cat's claws off your face. Even though you're ambidextrous that's still quite a handful. I understand.

Kind of you to understand but it's more to do with a fear of failure. It's bad enough that it's happened in real life, don't need it to happen in my virtual life as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Jul 2023, 11:34 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Kind of you to understand but it's more to do with a fear of failure.  It's bad enough that it's happened in real life, don't need it to happen in my virtual life as well.

That's a great point, virtually speaking. I know exactly what you mean.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 03 Jul 2023, 12:31 pm

Afternoon, gentlefolk how goes it?

How is the "Stumping" going down, down under, peej?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Jul 2023, 12:58 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon, gentlefolk how goes it?

How is the "Stumping" going down, down under, peej?

The opposite to how it's going down in England.

Funny, I was reading both Aus and UK newspapers and some of the comments. Carey's action seemed to have a polarising effect.

There was probably more talk in the media here about the MCC Members' behaviour in the Long Room. That gave some a chance to get stuck into the hypocrisy of the elite, racist, bigoted, sexist, self-serving, culturally insensitive, ignorant and shameless privileged rump of British High Society. Someone should make a film about it. Pretty sure it would break all box office records.

Sorry, I forgot to add ableist. Making poor Nathan Lyon walk down all those stairs like a cripple all the while laughing with drinks in their hands.

All in all, it was an entertaining test match I thought. What did you think, rIcK?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Too-Clever Snifflers fight back even harder at Headingley against the Spiritless Smart-Arses.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 03 Jul 2023, 1:12 pm

Yeah the MCC members come across as a bunch of entitled pricks, guaranteed nota word would've been said outside the protection of the long room.

It was a crazy old game, not often you are going to see Lords sound like an Auld Firm Derby match.

As much as it irritated at the time, I think the Ashes needs this kind of spite and needle, so overall I think it has probably worked out.

Plus if it sends Ben Stokes nuclear and get's Stuart Broad's sh1thousery up then should make for a fun old series.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Jul 2023, 1:14 pm

Can't believe I've been suspended by the MCC. Everything I said was factually correct.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 03 Jul 2023, 1:17 pm

FACT!

RANT OVER.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Jul 2023, 1:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Can't believe I've been suspended by the MCC. Everything I said was factually correct.

Don Bradman would be turning on his crease. Can't believe you said those things in front of his portrait. Actually, I got stared at by him at the SCG Members. Back in '93 at some celebrity 'All-Cheats' match. I pointed the finger at him and called him a cheat too. I remember it was a cold piercing gaze he gave me. Like I'd been sent into bat in the rain. But I stood my ground and stared back at him.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Jul 2023, 1:42 pm

Sounds like the time I told W G Grace his bat was too wide.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Jul 2023, 1:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sounds like the time I told W G Grace his bat was too wide.

That was very brave of you to say that. I suppose the last straw was when you hid his beard balm in Lord Harris' kit bag. Or was that Duty?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Jul 2023, 1:57 pm

Jules hid some beard balm in Duty?

Ergh.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Jul 2023, 2:03 pm

I was once caught reading an MCC member's newspaper over his shoulder on the Jubilee Line. He tutted, give the paper a frightful snap and turned so that I couldn't read it.

C*nt.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Jul 2023, 2:08 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Jules hid some beard balm in Duty?

Ergh.

Might have been beard oil. I'm not sure. One of those purple hexagonal glass bottles I think. It took W G ages to find it. He was furious!
Then they couldn't find the glass bottle stopper even after a thorough search of both team's locker rooms. It went from bad to worse in no time.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Jul 2023, 2:52 pm

Don't mean to boast, but I've been quoted by Guildford on the Ashes thread. My life is complete.

Galted
Galted
Galted

guildfordbat, alfie and king_carlos like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Jul 2023, 3:39 pm

The same Guildford that my sources tell me is banned from any Dorothy Perkins in the country? That Guildford?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 03 Jul 2023, 4:01 pm

"Should a London property developer in the Lords long room really be questioning anyone's ethics?"

Probably my favourite take on the MCC members drama.

king_carlos

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Jul 2023, 4:04 pm

king_carlos wrote:"Should a London property developer in the Lords long room really be questioning anyone's ethics?"

Probably my favourite take on the MCC members drama.

He may work in London, but he probably lives in Ethics.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pal Joey, guildfordbat and king_carlos like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 03 Jul 2023, 10:59 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The same Guildford that my sources tell me is banned from any Dorothy Perkins in the country? That Guildford?

Probably although I forget the reason.

Thanks for inviting me back or at least leaving a back window open.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Jul 2023, 2:38 pm

Top cameo from GB and a michalesing to boot, solid work.

Fisy

Last edited by rIck_dAgless on Tue 04 Jul 2023, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Was going to edit as I messed the fist up, but I'm keeping it,)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Jul 2023, 9:44 am

Just goes to show. Don't f*ck up a fist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 06 Jul 2023, 9:53 am

I personally wouldn't touch a f*cked fist, but there you go.

Tird.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Jul 2023, 1:00 pm

Fist. Not my greatest michaelsing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 07 Jul 2023, 1:05 pm

Galted wrote:Fist.  Not my greatest michaelsing.

True. You put 'Tird' when you were sicond.

Sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 07 Jul 2023, 1:21 pm

Henry the Fourth.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 09 Jul 2023, 7:33 pm

Did Surrey lose again?

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Captur10

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 10 Jul 2023, 9:49 am

Flagging fist.

Must have been outsiders there, Galts.

I've always imagined Guildford's home patch to be the epitome of the civil and charming English township. Thought you'd be more likely to have a latte accidentally spilt on your lap or getting slapped by a freshly baked baguette on the high street by mistake.

Then getting a handwritten apology letter together with a couple national opera gift vouchers personally delivered to your front door at 10 o'clock the following morning.

Oh wait... Surrey lost? Happens to the best of them I suppose.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jul 2023, 10:39 am

I see you're now nestled just under me, Pee Jay. I'll be gentle with you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jul 2023, 10:41 am

I'm in the middle of a Pee Jay and Duty sandwich. I don't know whether to be terrified or excited. A mixture of both I suspect.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 10 Jul 2023, 11:03 am

Who you all got for the dodgy BBC presenter?

Packham
Norton
Walliams
Edmonds

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Jul 2023, 11:07 am

Definitely Attenborough.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 10 Jul 2023, 11:10 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I see you're now nestled just under me, Pee Jay. I'll be gentle with you.

Is that 6 'places' 6 inches or 6 metres? If it's the former I'm hoping the cross-wind picks up.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 10 Jul 2023, 11:18 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Definitely Attenborough.

Just mentioned that to a mate, we reckon it would be the first sign of the apocalypse, the start of the fall of society.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Jul 2023, 11:52 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Who you all got for the dodgy BBC presenter?

Packham
Norton
Walliams
Edmonds

That would be my wishlist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Jul 2023, 1:35 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Who you all got for the dodgy BBC presenter?

Packham
Norton
Walliams
Edmonds

Careful, riCK, you might end up needing super to bail you out of trouble.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Jul 2023, 10:48 am

Fist.

Reckon we need a scandal to liven up this thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Jul 2023, 11:00 am

Sicond.
Would have thought those photos of Tino in his y-fronts would be scandal enough.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next