The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final

+30
erictheblueuk
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
CAS
A-Darts
invisiblecoolers
JuliusHMarx
EdWoodjr
Tom_____
monty junior
HarpoMars
kemet
mthierry
CaledonianCraig
reckoner
Josiah Maiestas
Henman Bill
paulscholes
ChequeredJersey
Chazfazzer
HM Murdock
Jahu
lydian
noleisthebest
carrieg4
socal1976
LuvSports!
laverfan
bogbrush
break_in_the_fifth
Tenez
34 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final - Page 9 Empty Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Unfortunately, I have a match this morning so I won't be watching live.....but please leave your comments here....

For now I'll remind everybody what Djokovic thinks about it.

There is no secret it is going to be physical again,” Djokovic said. “I will do my best to recover. I have a day and a half. I will try to get as much sleep and recovery program underway and hope for the best. I think that's going to be crucial, you know, for me to recover and to be able to perform my best, because Rafa is fit. He's been playing well. He had an extra day. He definitely wants to win this title.”

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final - Page 9 Empty Re: Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final

Post by Lightbreeze Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Delighted Djokovic and offensive tennis won the day. Nadal is way way too negative, what happened to his plan to attack ? and all the "forward" gesticulations ?
The other winner today was Federer, as his records are all safe, these guys simply won't last more than a couple of years after playing such gruelling tournaments.
The speed of the court needs to increase in order to help gifted players and prevent injuries. 6 hours is crazy, at the end they could hardly stand up!
Finally, I think it's just a matter of time before a top player breaks down completely and retires, or there are injury retirements in glam slam finals.

Lightbreeze

Back to top Go down

Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final - Page 9 Empty Re: Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Lightbreeze wrote:...glam slam finals.

Prince fan?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Well Fed always has the chance of outlasting them then and dominating once again once they're done.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:29 pm

laverfan wrote:NS... I do not want to list the adjectives that posters have used for describing each other, just in this article, to play a he-said-she-said.

If you are fan of a particular player, so be it, but respect other fans too.
You are going to have to explain to me where I have not "respected other fans too".

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Lightbreeze wrote:Delighted Djokovic and offensive tennis won the day. Nadal is way way too negative, what happened to his plan to attack ? and all the "forward" gesticulations ?
The other winner today was Federer, as his records are all safe, these guys simply won't last more than a couple of years after playing such gruelling tournaments.
The speed of the court needs to increase in order to help gifted players and prevent injuries. 6 hours is crazy, at the end they could hardly stand up!
Finally, I think it's just a matter of time before a top player breaks down completely and retires, or there are injury retirements in glam slam finals.

One reaps what one sows. Wink

There will be players who follow the same style and play the same way and will beat the current players.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
laverfan wrote:NS... I do not want to list the adjectives that posters have used for describing each other, just in this article, to play a he-said-she-said.

You are going to have to explain to me where I have not "respected other fans too".

NS... I am not suggesting a singular 'you', but a collective 'you'. Should I say 'yous'? Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:33 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Not really. I suppose the closest I can think of is the satisfaction I feel when South Africa or France are being beaten at rugby but mostly that overlaps with supporting the underdog and it being better for England on a pragmatic level in most tournaments. Not that it often happens. In tennis I don't dislike the players enough to take pleasure in them losing, just in them winning

It's a bit different. I am not happy to see Djoko beating Nadal. I am happy to see Nadal being beaten at his own game. Nadal is the one who brought (back?) that ridiculously physical tennis at the top....and I am glad someone is giving him a bit of his own medecine.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:34 pm

laverfan wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

NS... I am not suggesting a singular 'you', but a collective 'you'. Should I say 'yous'? Erm

One should say 'one is' dahling!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Nadal seems up beat in his interview.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightbreeze Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:44 pm

laverfan wrote:
Lightbreeze wrote:Delighted Djokovic and offensive tennis won the day. Nadal is way way too negative, what happened to his plan to attack ? and all the "forward" gesticulations ?

One reaps what one sows. Wink

There will be players who follow the same style and play the same way and will beat the current players.

LOL, that's my favourite phrase. I use it at every opportunity whenever people are complaining about something.

Lightbreeze

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
laverfan wrote:Take it easy guys. Please do not bash each other, otherwise I will need to impose a timeout.

Let's break it down.

I make a statement of fact, whereas Raiders personally insults me (shame, crass , foolish) and then adds irrelevant material about his affection for Roger Federer and the difficulty that Roger has in living a life as a "hero".

Lets break it further down. You tried to insult Federer when he wasn't even involved in any bit of tennis played today. Why was that needed? Why did you have to bring Federer into this match at all? You could have said something like "Nadal was classy in his post match trophy presentations". This was fine and I agree to it. Can you too try to be as classy and less crass in your postings here? But you had to derogate Federer, so brought up the crying incident to do it.

I have no problems in accepting I am a Federer fan. His game is more beautiful than that of any other player has ever played.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Thank god Fed wasn't a party to this match or we would have to deal with a 15 minute crying spree. I am sorry, maybe I am sexists and traditionalist. But a man doesn't have a right to cry in public unless he has an immediate family member die or he just got shot with at least 45 auto bullet. 9mm doesn't count, suck it up.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:32 pm

socal1976 wrote:But a man doesn't have a right to cry in public unless he has an immediate family member die or he just got shot with at least 45 auto bullet. 9mm doesn't count, suck it up.

Socal, you're crying all the time because your idol doesn't get the recognition you think he deserves. You even left the board for it for a while.
Cut it out man, and celebrate the great win your man had today

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by coolpixel Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:35 pm

slam winners or losers are entitled to cry or react in any way they choose to a win or loss. socal, i guess your TV has a remote? if not walk over and press the power button whenever you see Fed or whoever crying. by the way do you know that Fed is not the only one to cry at slams?

coolpixel

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:36 pm

What about Fed's tears from most of the times he won Wimbledon. Did you begrudge him that display too? Maybe I've got this wrong and it's just the sad tears you have an issue with.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:38 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Let's break it down.

I make a statement of fact, whereas Raiders personally insults me (shame, crass , foolish) and then adds irrelevant material about his affection for Roger Federer and the difficulty that Roger has in living a life as a "hero".

Lets break it further down. You tried to insult Federer when he wasn't even involved in any bit of tennis played today. Why was that needed? Why did you have to bring Federer into this match at all? You could have said something like "Nadal was classy in his post match trophy presentations". This was fine and I agree to it. Can you too try to be as classy and less crass in your postings here? But you had to derogate Federer, so brought up the crying incident to do it.

I have no problems in accepting I am a Federer fan. His game is more beautiful than that of any other player has ever played.
You are doing it again - personal insults (crass) and allegations (you had to derogate Federer, tried to insult Federer). Why do you consider my original statement an insult to Federer? It was merely stating facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Derograte? Never heard that before in my life. Thought it was a typo for denigrate but checking it out I see that derograte does exist. Carry on...

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:44 pm

gallery play wrote:
socal1976 wrote:But a man doesn't have a right to cry in public unless he has an immediate family member die or he just got shot with at least 45 auto bullet. 9mm doesn't count, suck it up.

Socal, you're crying all the time because your idol doesn't get the recognition you think he deserves. You even left the board for it for a while.

Wrong GP, I could care less if the federnazis on this site recognize the obvious greatness of Novak. I recognize it and that is all that counts for me. I left this site partly because the federettes were annoying no doubt, but I also had a lot of other things and beautiful women going on and still do. I might leave this site again. It has nothing to do with the federer jock sniffers. If I want to contribute I will. If I don't I won't. Between the USO and the AO there wasn't much to talk about in my mind so I left. If you think I crave recognition by the swiss tennis third reich you got another coming. Although I will say for the record I don't put you in that category, you have a modicum of fairness and intellect which automatically disqualifies you for the ultra annoying federeich.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi HenmanBill - I saw your comment regarding the time between points taken. I too was taking note. It is for this reason that both Nadal and Djokovic could probably go again in two days time. Also note that they were eating and taking in fluids throughout the match.

The question is should the umpires give warnings and penalties, or should the rule itself be changed (players given longer time between points). Or maybe leaving it in the hands of the umpires is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Social, youve spent he whole day making yourself look a complete one just because you're so much enamoured of Djokovic that you can't stay rational on the subject.
This is why you seriously, truly and with no joke involved believed Fognini cost him the French.

My tip is to get some perspective, remember that none of these players would care less if any if us popped our clogs tomorrow, and think on that perhaps the extremes of passion you have for Nole arent shared by us for any other player, so we really aren't investing at the level you think we are.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:57 pm

socal1976 wrote:Wrong GP, I could care less if the federnazis on this site recognize the obvious greatness of Novak. I recognize it and that is all that counts for me. I left this site partly because the federettes were annoying no doubt, but I also had a lot of other things and beautiful women going on and still do. I might leave this site again. It has nothing to do with the federer jock sniffers. If I want to contribute I will. If I don't I won't. Between the USO and the AO there wasn't much to talk about in my mind so I left. If you think I crave recognition by the swiss tennis third reich you got another coming. Although I will say for the record I don't put you in that category, you have a modicum of fairness and intellect which automatically disqualifies you for the ultra annoying federeich.

That's not very smart!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:58 pm

I like this new socal.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:03 pm

It's kind of fun isn't it?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 pm

All I can say is Iran must have great taste in tennis for him to come back with this much vengeance.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:11 pm

bogbrush wrote:Social, youve spent he whole day making yourself look a complete one just because you're so much enamoured of Djokovic that you can't stay rational on the subject.
This is why you seriously, truly and with no joke involved believed Fognini cost him the French.

My tip is to get some perspective, remember that none of these players would care less if any if us popped our clogs tomorrow, and think on that perhaps the extremes of passion you have for Nole arent shared by us for any other player, so we really aren't investing at the level you think we are.

Do you honestly think that I care or think that Djoko cares what I write on this site or not. Then you must credit me with the intellect of a badly formed cabbage. I don't care. What I am happy about is that no swiss miss is hogging the microphone and pmsing about his legacy after another predictable ass whipping at the hands of the new modern champions. By the way where is your bat girl Jahu, maybe he/she is getting fit with some new spandex tights to accentuate his/her curves. Sorry, you don't get to rain on my parade, and if you try to like you have been doing all night with your snide and sophmoric commentary then I will tell you exactly what I think. Deal with it. This has nothing to do with Djoko, he is my favorite player and I am happy for him, how does this make me any different than any other fan on this site. But I aint going to take any junk from you federnazis, not now, not ever. Before you start talking maybe the swiss miss can learn to hit a flat up the line backhand so he won't have untwirl his tampon and cry into the mike after every grandslam match with Nadal.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:15 pm

This is great. Can you think of any more feminising stuff? I suppose the match was a bit like a WTA match on testosterone but really!

For a guy who doesn't care you sound really fragile now.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:16 pm

socal1976 wrote:
gallery play wrote:

Wrong GP, I could care less if the federnazis on this site recognize the obvious greatness of Novak. I recognize it and that is all that counts for me. I left this site partly because the federettes were annoying no doubt, but I also had a lot of other things and beautiful women going on and still do. I might leave this site again. It has nothing to do with the federer jock sniffers. If I want to contribute I will. If I don't I won't. Between the USO and the AO there wasn't much to talk about in my mind so I left. If you think I crave recognition by the swiss tennis third reich you got another coming. Although I will say for the record I don't put you in that category, you have a modicum of fairness and intellect which automatically disqualifies you for the ultra annoying federeich.

Is it necessary to express yourself with terms like that? It doesn't make your rejection of what i said very credible..you already planned your second exit, don't you?

BTW: i'm happy Nole won

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:20 pm

I don't mind being labelled like that, it's just banter.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:21 pm

All fed has to do after 15 years on tour is to learn how to change direction and go up the line with his backhand then he won't have to cry like a little girl in the microphone. But to little too late i suppose.

GP you do realize I am having some fun, even BB realizes that. This site has become too federette in my abscence. Well there is a new sheriff in town as they say in the good ole U. S of A

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:23 pm

socal1976 wrote:All fed has to do after 15 years on tour is to learn how to change direction and go up the line with his backhand then he won't have to cry like a little girl in the microphone. But to little too late i suppose.

GP you do realize I am having some fun, even BB realizes that. This site has become too federette in my abscence. Well there is a new sheriff in town as they say in the good ole U. S of A

He manages to do everything right against Djokovic...

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Yeah, I've seen how light hearted you've been all day. Rolling Eyes

Fed looked happy enough after that French semi last year, and pretty relaxed after the final too.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Very light heart, if you don't like federnazi, how about federfacist?

Last edited by socal1976 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Goran Ivanesevic cried when he won Wimby - the old sissy girlie, tampon thingy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Ok BB but you have to admit you did wum me for quite awhile during a highly stressful match.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 pm

I think everyone has had their fun, and several have shown which players they prefer - but maybe at some point can we have a general amnesty with regard to the personal insults. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Sorry, Julius I have a hard and fast rule against men crying in public. I find it very disturbing. Call me a traditionalist or a chauvinist or whatever.I have never done it myself, and unless god forbid an immediate family member goes I can't see a circumstance that calls for it. Maybe that makes me close minded.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:42 pm

socal1976 wrote:Sorry, Julius I have a hard and fast rule against men crying in public. I find it very disturbing. Call me a traditionalist or a chauvinist or whatever.I have never done it myself, and unless god forbid an immediate family member goes I can't see a circumstance that calls for it. Maybe that makes me close minded.

No maybe about it. Being relatively new to your antics I think it's pathetic and offensive that you should bandy about terms like Nazi in the name of "fun". Grow up!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 pm

socal1976 wrote:Sorry, Julius I have a hard and fast rule against men crying in public. I find it very disturbing. Call me a traditionalist or a chauvinist or whatever.I have never done it myself, and unless god forbid an immediate family member goes I can't see a circumstance that calls for it. Maybe that makes me close minded.

open your mind then:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/busted-racquet/djokovic-breaks-down-davis-cup-retirement-knocks-serbia-163303833.html

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Reckoner, sorry, went a little over board with nazi stuff too much booze, Not called for. You are right.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Different strokes for different folks, to invoke an old cliche. I have no problem with it and indeed, I think it's a very healthy thing to do at times. I don't think men should be treated any differently to women in that respect - everyone has the same emotions, why not be allowed to express them?
I felt the same way for Fed as I did for poor Jana Novotna at Wimby.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Come on julius, there is a big difference between dudes crying and women crying. Lets cut the PC stuff.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:12 pm

socal1976 wrote:Come on julius, there is a big difference between dudes crying and women crying. Lets cut the PC stuff.

So what about Djokovic crying after his davis cup retirement knocked out Serbia? Or are you conveniently ignoring gallery play's comment?

You honestly didn't think someone was going to call you on it, did you?

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:20 pm

He shouldn't of done it, but he doesn't make it a habit or an exhibition like Roger

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:29 pm

socal1976 wrote:Come on julius, there is a big difference between dudes crying and women crying. Lets cut the PC stuff.

I'm not being PC - I honestly don't think there's any difference, except for a cultural one, which I don't think does anyone any good.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Ok maybe it is cultural or whatever, I just don't think you should make a big deal and cry after tennis match if you are a man. I know it sounds cliche, possibly sexist. But that is just me. Novak was also in agonizing pain physical pain at the time. he still shouldn't have cried in public. I just don't approve except under really extreme circumstances.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I really don't think you understand why tears can come up. Clearly Federer was too tired to control his emotions. He had fought like a lion and suddenly he has no energy to control his body shaking and the tears came up. I am pretty sure it has little do with the loss itself. Look at Djoko today, he won but could not control much of his emotions either. He behaved like a gorilla pulling his shirt and showing his torso. A complete loss of emotion control as well. You say no man shoudl show tears in public, but likewise you could say that no man should behave like a monkey in public.

The fact is those guys are tired and when tired, I 'd rather have tears coming out of my eyes than a beast taking over my body.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Tenez wrote:He behaved like a gorilla pulling his shirt...

Gorillas don't wear shirts.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

That's why he tore it out.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Well not on TV perhaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCYGm1vMJ0
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 am

I have seen grown men cry at childbirth, not when someone was dying. The suppression of tears is a conditioned response and training. Do you watch Star Trek at all, the Vulcans?

I have seen Nadal cry on Chatrier in 2010. These are young men, 20-25. Just because they play world class tennis does not mean they have grown up emotionally.

Now you can continue your player bashing. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next