The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final

+30
erictheblueuk
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
CAS
A-Darts
invisiblecoolers
JuliusHMarx
EdWoodjr
Tom_____
monty junior
HarpoMars
kemet
mthierry
CaledonianCraig
reckoner
Josiah Maiestas
Henman Bill
paulscholes
ChequeredJersey
Chazfazzer
HM Murdock
Jahu
lydian
noleisthebest
carrieg4
socal1976
LuvSports!
laverfan
bogbrush
break_in_the_fifth
Tenez
34 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final - Page 10 Empty Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final

Post by Tenez Sun 29 Jan 2012 - 8:07

First topic message reminder :

Unfortunately, I have a match this morning so I won't be watching live.....but please leave your comments here....

For now I'll remind everybody what Djokovic thinks about it.

There is no secret it is going to be physical again,” Djokovic said. “I will do my best to recover. I have a day and a half. I will try to get as much sleep and recovery program underway and hope for the best. I think that's going to be crucial, you know, for me to recover and to be able to perform my best, because Rafa is fit. He's been playing well. He had an extra day. He definitely wants to win this title.”

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final - Page 10 Empty Re: Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 1:38

lol socal

What a history boffin you've transformed to tonight, all because Djokovic escaped after Nadal miss an easy bh at 4-3 30-15.

You keep bringing up the 2009 post match episode, we will keep bringing up the 16 slams >>> everyone else.

And let us know when Djokovic reaches just 1 Roland Garros final, thanks.

thumbsup
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final - Page 10 Empty Re: Australian Open 2012 Day 14 - Men's Final

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 2:26

Nore Staat wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:Let's break it down.

I make a statement of fact, whereas Raiders personally insults me (shame, crass , foolish) and then adds irrelevant material about his affection for Roger Federer and the difficulty that Roger has in living a life as a "hero".

Lets break it further down. You tried to insult Federer when he wasn't even involved in any bit of tennis played today. Why was that needed? Why did you have to bring Federer into this match at all? You could have said something like "Nadal was classy in his post match trophy presentations". This was fine and I agree to it. Can you too try to be as classy and less crass in your postings here? But you had to derogate Federer, so brought up the crying incident to do it.

I have no problems in accepting I am a Federer fan. His game is more beautiful than that of any other player has ever played.
You are doing it again - personal insults (crass) and allegations (you had to derogate Federer, tried to insult Federer). Why do you consider my original statement an insult to Federer? It was merely stating facts.

Why do you consider my statements as an insult to yourself? I was merely stating facts, Just like you did.

Nore Staat wrote:Whereas Federer cries, Rafa was able to show that he is a classy guy.

I asked you why did you have to mention Federer's name here. If this statement of yours is not an insult to Federer then neither is mine to you. If this is just a fact, then what I stated about you is also a fact.

I don't like insulting any player or any fans, unless they start behaving like you did ( I normally didn't expect you to do it ).

raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 7:50

Josiah Maiestas wrote:lol socal

What a history boffin you've transformed to tonight, all because Djokovic escaped after Nadal miss an easy bh at 4-3 30-15.

You keep bringing up the 2009 post match episode, we will keep bringing up the 16 slams >>> everyone else.

thumbsup

JM, I just get a little tired of all the fed fans constantly just denigrating other players and their accomplishments. I would happily acknowledge Roger as goat if we could just move on, there was tennis before and there will tennis after the Rog. But when all you get is today's players are cheats, boring, and dopers from the fed fans well they should expect some blowback.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 8:11

socal1976 wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:lol socal

thumbsup

JM, I just get a little tired of all the fed fans constantly just denigrating other players and their accomplishments. I would happily acknowledge Roger as goat if we could just move on, there was tennis before and there will tennis after the Rog. But when all you get is today's players are cheats, boring, and dopers from the fed fans well they should expect some blowback.

I really cannot argue with any of that. And this comes from someone who frequently labels Federer the GOAT.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 8:15

I had to go to work yesterday so missed the last couple of hours of the match. It sounded like the match quality improved as it went on and it ended in a titanic struggle. Well done to Djokovic on proving he is the world No.1 but Nadal can take heart from his showing as it is the closest he has pushed Djoko for some time and no doubt will look to build on that platform. For Novak it is the first slam title he has defended and I have a feeling it won't be the last.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 12:23

Craig, it will be interesting to see what happens at RG. I think that Novak has a good shot of winning 4 grandslams on the trot that would be something Roger and Rafa where never able to accomplish.

As for the extremist fed fans it is rather annoying that all they seem to like to do is be negative and tear down today's game and today's players. It is funny the final was awful, the tour is dull yet they watch all the matches and spend hours of time commenting on it online. It is like going to a concert of a band you really like with someone who spends the whole trip telling you how awful the band is and how he can't stand their music. Just basically raining on your parade. Well the question begs to be asked why do you even bother showing up and watching then?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 12:30

Also I just wonder when this new age of physicality and court speeds began dominating all for some Fed fans? I'd say it just had to be when Fed stopped winning the slams. Also if it really is all so much about physicality and fitness and court speeds then how come Roger even managed to win one set from Nadal and almost beat Djokovic last US Open?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 17:44

More than that Craig Roger has won every single slam with modern luxlon strings and slowed conditions. His big advantage over most of his contemporaries like Safin, Naldbandian, and Roddick was in his speed and physical fitness. Roger has won just as many titles with his feet and his lungs as he has with his serve and forehand.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 17:48

socal1976 wrote:More than that Craig Roger has won every single slam with modern luxlon strings and slowed conditions. His big advantage over most of his contemporaries like Safin, Naldbandian, and Roddick was in his speed and physical fitness. Roger has won just as many titles with his feet and his lungs as he has with his serve and forehand.

You have been drinking again!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 17:51

No clean as whistle tenez and I am going to go to be early like a good boy. Roger has won as many titles with his feet as with anything else. The guy is still one of the best movers on tour at age 31, he was lethal fast in his early to mid 20s.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:11

I really would love to know when some Fed fans feel that conditions and physicality took over the game negating Federer?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:14

They started slowing the courts and changing the balls in the early 2000s before Roger ever won a single slam.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:24

Ah right so the urban myth is exposed. Thought so otherwise how come there was a time when Fed used to beat Nadal.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:28

Cause Nadal is the best ever, obviously.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 18:34

The role of fitness has become more and more important over time - it's not like one day it wasn't important and the next it was.
Some players embrace it, some don't - Nalby, for example, never seems to try to be as fit as he could be.
Equally, some players reach levels of fitness that others can't reach, no matter how hard they try, which gives them an advantage.
I don't see a problem with that - it's a sport after all, but it can't be denied that it's there, surely?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 19:31

CaledonianCraig wrote: How come there was a time when Fed used to beat Nadal.
When was this? lol
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 30 Jan 2012 - 19:55

Tennis has had its changes and the way I see it is that if you are a player you look to adapt to the changes and cover all areas. If you see a. Player getting fitter you work to get fitter as well and likewise with court conditions. Similar in a way to Formula One which is constantly evolving with annual rule changes and technical specifications. Greats of that sport have to adapt and change approaches so every tennis player in this day and age should be up to it as well. If you can't then hard cheese.

Frankly, I don't buy into the theory in any case otherwise would Federer have been able to beat supremely fit Djokovic at RG last year and almost beat him at the US Open? Of course not. If physicality and court conditions are the sole reason for Federer's drought in slams just call me Johann.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10