The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

+43
TheMackemMawler
captain carrantuohil
azumah HOF
sodhat
Strongback
Imperial Ghosty
spencerclarke
TRUSSMAN66
RANDY77
Mayweathers cellmate
RatBoy66
Fists of Fury
Eric el terible da cat
No1Jonesy
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
The genius of PBF
Adam D
jimdig
davidemore
Rodney
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Union Cane
bellchees
Gentleman01
ONETWOFOREVER
Lumbering_Jack
Super D Boon
seanmichaels
Valero's Conscience
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Daz
superflyweight
Il Gialloblu
two_tone
azania
School Project
ShahenshahG
Rowley
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
47 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new Empty The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 31 Oct 2012, 1:52 pm

Can all get a bit serious on here, so why not reminisce a little?

Funniest characters, beefs you have had, wummers you love to hate, the whole capang.

Beefs: I haven't had many really. Just short lived ones. I think Seanmichaels threatened to "find me" once (might not have been him) on the old 606, but we're golden now haha.

I also beef with Az ona reg basis here.

For me the old Dave667 v Truss battles were funny. Dave doesn't post so much now but he was always fun.

Truss and his aliases like Wussman (remember him?)

The way Windmill put people down in such a scholarly fashion.

Shenglong, brilliant. When he used to put his headlinesque posts on the beeb site, haha.

Steffan was fun.

Emore makes me laugh.

Loved Howthefook on the old site. Such a nice guy from his posts. Shame he left. Pacman79 was cool, too

And Spring. The original Spring, brilliant. "Marquez is ducking Naz cos...."

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new Empty Re: The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 1:59 pm

Trussman against Dave will always remain THE greatest rivalry in 606 history, I think.

Don't think I've had any serious rivals of 'beefs' - I feel left out! Fight News maybe on the old 606, although most exchanges there were in good humour, and Frankie Pie when he first emerged (he was a bit of a character, come to think of it) although again, that one died down.

I'm just gutted that I missed out so narrowly on the 'Ceej' era back on the old site!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new Empty Re: The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

I'm just gutted that I missed out so narrowly on the 'Ceej' era back on the old site!

Don’t be he was a tool. If you missed Ceej it is entirely possible you missed the realmickster, now there was a WUM hall of famer. His views on Roy Jones made Coxy’s look even handed and balanced. He used to give betting tips which basically amounted to beating against any English fighter irrespective of who they were fighting. His tips on Calzaghe could have bankrupted Donald Trump

Completely forgot about howthefook, what a lovely chap he was, genuinely the most popular person ever to grace the boxing boards.

Tysonking and Damonknight could be hard work, Damon was alright thought at least he argued his corner with something beyond prime © mike Tyson was the greatest FACT!!!!!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

Onetwo invited me to fight back when I used to train. First he denied the existence of the gym, then accused me of not turning up and then accused me of not existing. Finally he admitted he'd bottled it because I was approaching a LH and he was a welter. Hes funny though - rare but it does bring a laugh out loud moment when he does.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:11 pm

I rememeber that Sha, haha.

Who rememebr Jimmy Mcnuly? Liked him. And what about TommyHearns, the yank? He was like an American antidote to TRUSS when he starts to waffle, haha

TysonKing, Rowley. Who could forget

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

I miss the likes of D4 and Waingro...

Both were clinically insane. There were times where I would try and bait both of them I would admit but they cracked me up.

Despite being Welsh myself, sometime Steffan came out with some unbareable things, but he was alright a good enough lad.

We lost a number of characters on here under a ban hammer a while back then they all legged it to East Side Sad

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:38 pm

Where is Stefan?

Loved it when he changed his avatar to show flags of countries playing england in the Euros.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:43 pm

Who was Eric Da Cat, remember reading his stuff on old 606 and him being a character just can't think what he did? Rhyming was part of it though wasn't it?

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:49 pm

Onebomb, who a couple of years ago claimed he was a couple of years away from taking Clev out. The way Clev's career has gone, that match-up seems a lot closer now than it ever did back then by the way!

Live on Boxnation. WBO light-heavyweight champion vs. fictitious 606 wum character. The latter might have too dangerous a reputation though.

Davide always made me laugh, as did davidemoron. Anyone know who that was? I wouldn't be surprised if they were both the same person...

eBM could be alright too. Could.

I know what you mean about Frankie Pie, Chris. Started off uber-dickishly but then realised what the crack was and contributed some decent stuff.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:53 pm

Damon Knight was a lovely guy - thought way too much of Tyson but was always pleasant with it and there never seemed any intention to wind people up.

Shah - you're not alone. I was once called out by ONETWO on the old 606 with an article entitled "Superflyweight - What you Want?". Given he'd just spent a week or two pretending to be a fourteen year old girl (presmably as part of some unsuccesful Jimmy Saville sting operation), I have to confess that I was a little unsettled.

Great to see HTF's name mentioned - lovely bloke and he never did post that picture of his missus dressed in the Britney Spears school uniform.

Less great to see Sheng's name mentioned - he's like the Candyman, if you say his name often enough he reappears but in Sheng's case it's not a rusty hook that he has but a huge Republican chip on his shoulder.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 31 Oct 2012, 2:57 pm

Pacman79 and HowTheFook were two very knowledgable and funny guys.

The person I miss the most is Inventing Johnson Klute - his knowledge of the fight game young and old was outstanding. Similar to Chris who never fails to amaze me. Plus IJK started the original prediction league.

Dave always made me laugh. As did Zoomy Vs Trussman battles.

And to add,D4 to get a mention for being 'special'.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:09 pm

Jimmy Stuart is a big miss these days. I wish he would return from wherever he is hiding.

Charming, intelligent, witty and friendly. Also exceptionally knowledgeable but didn't take himself too seriously. Lovely guy.

My only 'beef' was with Coxy over Manny v JMM III but I smacked his bum and sent him home to his mummy for a week. Loser.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

Klutey and Jimmy Stuart have both made only very fleeting visits to this site, which is a shame. IJK was excellent - had that knack of getting this across so clearly and quickly, able to use just one or two sentences where others would need five or six.

Jimmy's the only guy I've come across on either site who could hang with Rowley when it comes to knowledge on the Heavyweights, too. We could do with the pair of them back, particularly as Waingro's exit has left us a bit thin on the ground for knowledge.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:20 pm

Colonial has done a runner also which is a shame and the captains recent glut has ended (Temporarily I hope!)

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:23 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Jimmy's the only guy I've come across on either site who could hang with Rowley when it comes to knowledge on the Heavyweights, too. We could do with the pair of them back, particularly as Waingro's exit has left us a bit thin on the ground for knowledge.

Too right he could, I have made a conscious effort to really focus on the heavies of late but I would still not fancy my chances. Him and Klutey would be a positive boon to the place. Gordy does seem to have a decent handle on the division though so as one door closes and all that

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:29 pm

IJK is a big miss. He was on a par with the captain and chris in terms of the breadth of his knowledge of both the old and modern fighters.

Jimmy was a great old guy - Statler to Windy's Waldorf. Am sure he was in the military in some capacity so he may well be off on deployment again.

Clubber Lang was quite funny - spent an awful lot of time winding up the other boards on 606 but some of his forays were genius.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:34 pm

Anyone recall the infamous Gunslinger episode?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Jimmy was a great old guy - Statler to Windy's Waldorf. Am sure he was in the military in some capacity so he may well be off on deployment again.

Jimmy was not still in the army Superfly, dear god the guy fought in the Boer War

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm

scottrf is a big loss as well.

I appreciate he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but he was pretty clued up, particularly on the modern stuff, and had an acerbic posting style that I always found amusing, despite being on the receiving end of it from time to time. He could give it and take it, and certainly didn't mind mixing it with some of the more knowledgeable types either.

I think he made Union feel deeply insecure so he got himself banned.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:40 pm

He was not banned Tina, he was asked to stop acting like a t*at and winding people up (which he acknowledged he did) he said he was not sure he could and chose to leave, we get blame for all manner of stuff on here we don't do.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:40 pm

I liked Scott too, Tino. Just had that habit of rubbing people up the wrong way, unfortunately. But posted some great stuff at times and was a lot more clued up on the old timers than he'd have us believe.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:40 pm

Scott is a big loss - I used to chat to him and Kev on the chat window during fights. Is that still a feature of this forum?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:41 pm

Haven't you ever seen Dad's Army, jeff? Jimmy could be like Godfrey.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:44 pm

rowley wrote:He was not banned Tina, he was asked to stop acting like a t*at and winding people up (which he acknowledged he did) he said he was not sure he could and chose to leave, we get blame for all manner of stuff on here we don't do.

Yes I know, misery guts. It was a joke at Union's expense.

Please stop trying to get round the swear filter as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:47 pm

Daz wrote:Anyone recall the infamous Gunslinger episode?

How could anyone who was there forget it Daz, all I can say is it could not have happened to a nicer guy

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:48 pm

It's hard to know whether to admire the fact that Scott stuck steadfastly to his principles or to question why he'd be so stubborn over something so trivial.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:49 pm

rowley wrote:
Daz wrote:Anyone recall the infamous Gunslinger episode?

How could anyone who was there forget it Daz, all I can say is it could not have happened to a nicer guy

Laugh I think we should just leave it as that! That was a heck of day.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:50 pm

superflyweight wrote:It's hard to know whether to admire the fact that Scott stuck steadfastly to his principles or to question why he'd be so stubborn over something so trivial.

What happened? I must have missed that one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:54 pm

Daz wrote:Scott is a big loss - I used to chat to him and Kev on the chat window during fights. Is that still a feature of this forum?

I used to love the chatbox during fights. Live cards and and swearing.

It was our equivilent of Hollyoaks After Dark.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:57 pm

School Project wrote:
Daz wrote:Scott is a big loss - I used to chat to him and Kev on the chat window during fights. Is that still a feature of this forum?

I used to love the chatbox during fights. Live cards and and swearing.

It was our equivilent of Hollyoaks After Dark.

Yeah it was great wasn't it? None of my friends really like boxing so it was a good way of watching boxing and chatting about it at the same time. I remember chatting to you on it as well SP. Has it been closed down?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:06 pm

D4 hopefully went to try and shoot Bradley after Pac lost and got arrested and is now weeks away from the death penalty!

Az is a more refined version of D4, which doesn't say much.

Scott would say black if you said white, no matter what the arguement.

The archBritishChris/D4 episode of trying to say concrete in a boxers wraps was priceless.

Favourite thread on here was WindyGate, when he upped and left and then the asylum went in to meltdown mode.

Rowley I swear has never smiled.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:11 pm

I find emore amusing and Eric Da Cat was great, couldn't fault his lyrical skillz!

D4 just p!ssed me off no end!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:15 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Certainly not in your presence.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:18 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Can all get a bit serious on here, so why not reminisce a little?

Funniest characters, beefs you have had, wummers you love to hate, the whole capang.

Beefs: I haven't had many really. Just short lived ones. I think Seanmichaels threatened to "find me" once (might not have been him) on the old 606, but we're golden now haha.

Nah, not me??? I'm a lover not a fighter.

Biggest Beef: Union for acting like a girl and not making me UCPL champ.
Other beefs: Some of the mods
Biggest miss: Scottrf, Trash talk.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:19 pm

Always mention him during these threads but SalfordViking was always one of the more amusing posters.

I can also remember when Tina used to be funny.

Philsmithy anyone?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

rowley wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

At least you're not smiling at me.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:21 pm

Phil was very funny! Forgot about him!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:22 pm

I liked Froch Carl.

Does anyone remember him? Sadly he was banned as he caused some unsavoury incidents but his article entitled "Just how do you beat Carl Froch?" immediately written in the aftermath of Froch's loss to Kessler, was the funniest thing I ever read on the old 606.

He totally rejected the defeat as a robbery and painted Froch as some unbeatable machine that couldn't be stopped. That had me in stitches. Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:24 pm

Ollie Stone was the best WUM on the old 606.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:29 pm

You gotta admire the persistence of Azania. He'll argue on even if he's completely wrong and on it goes pages and pages until the thread is eventually locked by a tired moderator. We had a banter on the athletics forum that lasted weeks! Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:30 pm

Had some fantastic run ins with archbritishchris. Pompous, dull and a total box rec merchant. Always used to try and throw in obscure facts casually like he had them at his immediate disposal and made a strange alliance with D4 which culminated in the handwrap scandal (as mentioned by coxy) and archbritishchris comparing himself to Jesus, Ghandi and Martin Luther King.

It's sad, but my greatest achievement in life was providing the damning evidence when D4 claimed that he never said illegal handwraps would make boxing safer.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:32 pm

Didn't ceej get outed on the old 606, someone found his online dating profile, that was pretty funny...

Sheng was hilarious, his 'I hate England' attitude was brilliant, likewise Steffan, provided some quality threads...

Seeing Coxy's go into melt down when his picture was revealed.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:34 pm

superflyweight wrote:

It's sad, but my greatest achievement in life was providing the damning evidence when D4 claimed that he never said illegal handwraps would make boxing safer.

Don't do yourself down superfly, to probably misquote Tex Cobb, had you cured cancer you could not have provided a greater service to humanity.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:50 pm

I have had a few beefs on here but nothing as close to seriousness as I had with Knowsit17 or Knowsh*t as I used to call him.

We beefed about a certain fighter who used to divide opinion on the old 606, a one Joe Calzaghe I hate him but Knowsit loved the guy no end. Could not understand why we ended up as enemies as all my points on Calslappy was valid.

Me and DAVE667 had a falling out on the Mike Tyson r*** fiasco, I remember rowly getting pretty heated in that 1 also.

Shah you decieved me into thinking you was around my fighting weight thats why I called the fight off. I was ready to travel to Luton to meet you and had no doubt that I would have pankaked you in front of your Luton massive.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:54 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Me and DAVE667 had a falling out on the Mike Tyson r*** fiasco, I remember rowly getting pretty heated in that 1 also.

Happy days onetwo, I personally think Shah had a lucky escape, you'd have not broke sweat. The Hatton Witter debates tended to get a little lively back in the dY.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 4:58 pm

LondonRingRules is a big miss. Genuinely knowledgeable and bizzarely eccentric.

Ralphy also was an interesting character...

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 31 Oct 2012, 5:00 pm

I liked London Ring Rules on the old board, I was pretty new as he was on his way out I think but that guy was hilarious. There's someone who posts similar things on here occasionally but I think it's a copycat rather than the real deal.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 5:00 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Seeing Coxy's go into melt down when his picture was revealed.

Don't remember that one....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 31 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

Ralphy lol

Ralphy LOFL

When I joined the old 606 forum everyone thought that I was Ralphy. It took a few months of convincing on my part and I never even knew who he was.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 31 Oct 2012, 5:06 pm

rowley wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

hahahahaha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next