The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

+43
TheMackemMawler
captain carrantuohil
azumah HOF
sodhat
Strongback
Imperial Ghosty
spencerclarke
TRUSSMAN66
RANDY77
Mayweathers cellmate
RatBoy66
Fists of Fury
Eric el terible da cat
No1Jonesy
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
The genius of PBF
Adam D
jimdig
davidemore
Rodney
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Union Cane
bellchees
Gentleman01
ONETWOFOREVER
Lumbering_Jack
Super D Boon
seanmichaels
Valero's Conscience
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Daz
superflyweight
Il Gialloblu
two_tone
azania
School Project
ShahenshahG
Rowley
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
47 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 7 Empty The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 31 Oct 2012, 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can all get a bit serious on here, so why not reminisce a little?

Funniest characters, beefs you have had, wummers you love to hate, the whole capang.

Beefs: I haven't had many really. Just short lived ones. I think Seanmichaels threatened to "find me" once (might not have been him) on the old 606, but we're golden now haha.

I also beef with Az ona reg basis here.

For me the old Dave667 v Truss battles were funny. Dave doesn't post so much now but he was always fun.

Truss and his aliases like Wussman (remember him?)

The way Windmill put people down in such a scholarly fashion.

Shenglong, brilliant. When he used to put his headlinesque posts on the beeb site, haha.

Steffan was fun.

Emore makes me laugh.

Loved Howthefook on the old site. Such a nice guy from his posts. Shame he left. Pacman79 was cool, too

And Spring. The original Spring, brilliant. "Marquez is ducking Naz cos...."

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 7 Empty Re: The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:44 am

Was that really a year ago?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 7 Empty Re: The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by jimmy glitter pants Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:46 am

coxy0001 wrote:You're 52 and watch wresting?

More like 20, yet to hit puberty and merely an alias of Steffie.

your only jeleaous you old fogey laughing

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:47 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Was that really a year ago?

Its Flown over quite fast it just seems like yesterday.

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:38 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:Most impressive, zoomy. Your boy has cracking hand speed and a natural-looking southpaw cross that carries real pop, it seems to me.

What's he like defensively? if he can hack that, I can see why you would be excited about him.

he's very elusive Captain! We have real high hopes for him, but my biggest battle is to get him to love the jab! Dont know what it is with our British kids but they just dont embrace tghe jab like the yanks! If i win that battle then i got a real boxer on my hands!
Thanks

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

I'll reserve judgement until JM has sparred with him!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

Watched the video Azumah great work. The lad looks like he has a nice loose style about him, hope he see's sense with the jab as you mentioned, do you have any sparring footage ?

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:54 pm

Rodney wrote:Watched the video Azumah great work. The lad looks like he has a nice loose style about him, hope he see's sense with the jab as you mentioned, do you have any sparring footage ?

Cheers Rodders

cheers Rodders nice to see me ole mucker!! Yeh i do have sparring footage however relcutant to put that up until the end of the season! Reason is he made a big splash last year by coming from nowhere to the Junior ABA final and got robbed, everyone knows he got robbed< Even Mcguigan who was there on the night! Consequently we have found that this year, away from the big tournaments, the cyp's and ABA's, we are struggling to match him in club shows! people are actually calling to try and find out what weight he is in this year and moving there boys up or down weight, and had 3 cancellations thus far! so dont want to add to the hype!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:55 pm

Rodney wrote:Watched the video Azumah great work. The lad looks like he has a nice loose style about him, hope he see's sense with the jab as you mentioned, do you have any sparring footage ?

Cheers Rodders

cheers Rodders nice to see me ole mucker!! Yeh i do have sparring footage however relcutant to put that up until the end of the season! Reason is he made a big splash last year by coming from nowhere to the Junior ABA final and got robbed, everyone knows he got robbed< Even Mcguigan who was there on the night! Consequently we have found that this year, away from the big tournaments, the cyp's and ABA's, we are struggling to match him in club shows! people are actually calling to try and find out what weight he is in this year and moving there boys up or down weight, and had 3 cancellations thus far! so dont want to add to the hype!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'll reserve judgement until JM has sparred with him!! Wink

Whistle

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:12 pm

Cheers Zoomy, makes sense hope the lad has discipline and he progresses under your tutorledge mate as he looks a real decent prospect good luck. Nice to see you posting hope its not just a fleeting visit.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

Good to see you posting too Rodders OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:32 pm

Adam D wrote:Good to see you posting too Rodders OK

thanks Adam mate

All the best

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 05 Nov 2012, 2:07 pm

jimmy glitter pants wrote:Hi Adam!
Im a long time lurker 0f 606 old and new, I'm 52 and work full time at Home bargains in Stoke on Trent, so what you been up to Adam?

Where abouts in Stoke, grew up there, is it still a dump?

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 2:09 pm

two_tone wrote:
Im a long time lurker 0f 606 old and new, I'm 52 and work full time at Home bargains in Stoke on Trent, so what you been up to Adam?

I'd be more interested to know why his age on his profile is 51, not 52 as stated above??!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 05 Nov 2012, 2:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
two_tone wrote:

I'd be more interested to know why his age on his profile is 51, not 52 as stated above??!

He may have been born in a leap year?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
two_tone wrote:

Considering my birthday is Tomorrow I'm more 52 than 51 dumbo!!!

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:09 pm

Not really. You're 51, no way around that. Might as well say men with moobs are women.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:12 pm

two_tone wrote:

Hi two tone!

I'm living in Bucknall and yes the place is a dump, do you still go down Brighton Pier with your boyfriend still?

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:13 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Not really. You're 51, no way around that. Might as well say men with moobs are women.

well mabe they are

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:17 pm

jimmy glitter pants wrote:
two_tone wrote:

Hi two tone!

I'm living in Bucknall and yes the place is a dump, do you still go down Brighton Pier with your boyfriend still?

Once a week, he can't get enough of it.

I think if you replace the B with a F I think you are describing what Stoke has to offer. Take a trip to Tunstall on your day off, reckon you would love it.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:19 pm

two_tone wrote:
jimmy glitter pants wrote:
two_tone wrote:

Hi two tone!

Once a week, he can't get enough of it.

I think if you replace the B with a F I think you are describing what Stoke has to offer. Take a trip to Tunstall on your day off, reckon you would love it.

Cheers me old chummy sounds tastey.

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:44 pm

jimmy glitter pants wrote:I would consider Jabmachine a first class WUM as he lied to us all about sparring with Kell brook It was such a bare faced lie aswell, I mean he even convinced himself that he did, I know he apologised but once a liar always a liar I say..

If you still consider me a WUM then I'll have to guess that you stopped reading anything I've wrote since. I like to think I'm a decent member of the forum.

To those who consider me a "sissy" for complaining about TRUSSWUM - let me put it to you this way. If you fall over, and its quite comical, maybe in some mud or something, generally most people will have a bit of a snigger, some will fall about laughing, they'll remind you every so often but its generally left there. Then you have the bullies, I'm sure you know them, the person who stands over you, laughing at the top of their voice, shouting "hey everyone, this person fell over - HA HA HA HA" and such, then - every single time you see them, they remind you of it, and maliciously try to get everyone else to join in.

Truss is that person. I honestly have no beef with anyone else on the forum, take the whizz all you like about the Kell Brook thing, I've always said I'm always ready for a quick dig i the side or a little joke but when its a massive parade, or intended to discredit my argument in something completely unrelated - then its flaming annoying, something that Truss loves to do - "I'm losing an argument therefore because you did something stupid once - I win" and the annoying thing is, some sameheads here actually back him up! Why my opinion on say, Pacquiao or Mayweather is wrong because of this, its unknown to me. it really is.

The thing is, there are people here who support him? He brings absolutely nothing except very limited knowledge and a feckless arrogance that to be frank nobody else would get away with.

....phew.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:57 pm

Trussman is actually incredibly knowledgeable about boxing history etc, he just has a very brusque manner (and is a bit mean to you in particular JM2).

I like reading his stuff, just a little sad it's never worth disagreeing with him for the rude flack you'll get back! All in jest tho, def glad to have him back Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:11 pm

Sameheads, love that word.

What's with 2tone and jimmy getting mincey?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:21 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Sameheads, love that word.

I think he wants to take me for a windy walk along Brighton beach. thumbsdown

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Trussman is actually incredibly knowledgeable about boxing history etc

Unusual for me to disagree with you mate, but we'll have to disagree there - I have a computer with the internet too. The guy is a plum, plain and simple. Tell me honestly you'd find him good company down the pub? If he were in my local, I can guarantee he'd be thrown out for trying to shout the loudest while being wrong. The internet seems to tolerate this idiocy.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:31 pm

Thing is jabby, you've done the damage now. Most will never be held in the esteem as windy, rowley etc... Because of some form of wummery.

More important things in life though, like what to have for tea, or how drunk I should get in Brugge this week.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:33 pm

two_tone wrote:

Watch out for those gays, they're a funny bunch.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:44 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Thing is jabby, you've done the damage now. Most will never be held in the esteem as windy, rowley etc... Because of some form of wummery.

More important things in life though, like what to have for tea, or how drunk I should get in Brugge this week.

Brugge is great, go on the brewery tour - Zot is the last remaining beer brewed in actual Brugge and is delicious!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 05 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Thing is jabby, you've done the damage now. Most will never be held in the esteem as windy, rowley etc... Because of some form of wummery.

Brugge is great, go on the brewery tour - Zot is the last remaining beer brewed in actual Brugge and is delicious!

Any good nightlife? I'm going with a rowdy bunch for the football so beer and women would be ideal.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 5:12 pm

Hmmmm not so much. Would think most places will be dead mid-week but there's a lively pocket or two on the weekend. Tucked behind the main square to the north there's a couple of nice pub/bars that show sports etc and turn into night-time venues later on.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 05 Nov 2012, 5:42 pm

Sure it'll be a good couple of days. Loads of nice beer and may as well trying some of the chocolate it I s famous for.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 05 Nov 2012, 6:50 pm

Give us a kiss Jabby!! boxing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:02 pm

two_tone wrote:

How dare you give me the thumbs down Toney Sad

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon 05 Nov 2012, 8:17 pm

Ralphy was certainly an outpatient at a mental clinic. Who was the comedy guy even before Ralphy who always used to post about Steve Collins???.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

"Truss would be kicked out of my local"

(Joe Pesci in Casino) "You'd better bring an army Pal" ...........

Then again Froch, Ali, Foreman all go in JM's local...

So I take it back..... Cool

Just kiddin..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"Truss would be kicked out of my local"

(Joe Pesci in Casino) "You'd better bring an army Pal" ...........

Then again Froch, Ali, Foreman all go in JM's local...

So I take it back..... Cool

Just kiddin..

I can see this ending in tears.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:54 pm

Does anyone remember those Scottish football fans (Dunfermline) who used to try to WUM the boxing boards on the old 606. Always enjoyed the repostes of some of the usually less abrasive members of the boxing board to them.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:56 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Does anyone remember those Scottish football fans (Dunfermline) who used to try to WUM the boxing boards on the old 606. Always enjoyed the repostes of some of the usually less abrasive members of the boxing board to them.

Although I didn't post on the BBC site, I do remember reading a few of those.

I think that was when Windy coined the legendary 'quarterwit' insult, wasn't it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:00 pm

Haito wrote:Ralphy was certainly an outpatient at a mental clinic. Who was the comedy guy even before Ralphy who always used to post about Steve Collins???.
WHERESMEGOLD / realmickster:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A34342058

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:47 pm

Does any one else scroll through the threads looking for locked ones to have a laugh or is that just me? Cool

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:49 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Does anyone remember those Scottish football fans (Dunfermline) who used to try to WUM the boxing boards on the old 606. Always enjoyed the repostes of some of the usually less abrasive members of the boxing board to them.

Although I didn't post on the BBC site, I do remember reading a few of those.

I think that was when Windy coined the legendary 'quarterwit' insult, wasn't it?

They were Rangers (remember them? - poor things) fans masquerdaing as Dumbarton fans (seems like wishful thinking now) and fairly sure Windy did indeed coin the term "quarter-wit" to refer to one of them. Used to spam the boards with orignal wit along the lines of "why is there no boxing on boxing day". They were colossal bell-ends to a man/really ugly woman.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 07 Nov 2012, 4:09 pm

comment by HumanWindmill (U11352911)
posted Jan 24, 2011

Just wondered who you guys thought would win in a heavyweight boxing match between Audley Harrison and George Foreman?

A more interesting question might be :

Who would win in a Mastermind competition between you and a walnut ?

OR :

Which is funnier, you or pneumonia ?

OR :

How many of you would it take to make a quarterwit ?

OR :

How many articles can you write, believing that you are a startlingly original comic talent, only to subsequently learn that others even further down the food chain have beaten you to it ?

-------------------------------------

comment by HumanWindmill (U11352911)
posted Jan 24, 2011

rio ferdinand is the next messi! discuss.

I'd rather discuss haemorrhoids, or, in your case, gum disease.

HAHAHA My favourite windyisms

http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F20152666?thread=8018292&show=50

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Nov 2012, 4:43 pm

No1Jonesy wrote:Does any one else scroll through the threads looking for locked ones to have a laugh or is that just me? Cool

Amen to that brother!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 07 Nov 2012, 5:23 pm

Trouble is for every funny locked thread, there is an Azania counterpart thread round the corner.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Nov 2012, 5:34 pm

two_tone wrote:Trouble is for every funny locked thread, there is an Azania counterpart thread round the corner.

His 4 day battle with victorgarco over slave contracts could be next......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 07 Nov 2012, 9:54 pm

Whistle Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:28 am

You know you're past your sell by, when the reminiscing threads are discussing an era that post dates your prime!

No mentions for the likes of Danny hornet, or the legendary dadgad?... Until now. Maybe rowley could do some research and do a colourline greats type thread on the bare knuckle days of 606, before the infamous boxing banter breakaway?

Or maybe not

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 08 Nov 2012, 9:01 am

Who was the guy on the old 606 that used to go on about his 5yr old kid boxing and how good he was going to be? (or something like that)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 08 Nov 2012, 9:15 am

adad

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next