The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

+43
TheMackemMawler
captain carrantuohil
azumah HOF
sodhat
Strongback
Imperial Ghosty
spencerclarke
TRUSSMAN66
RANDY77
Mayweathers cellmate
RatBoy66
Fists of Fury
Eric el terible da cat
No1Jonesy
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
The genius of PBF
Adam D
jimdig
davidemore
Rodney
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Union Cane
bellchees
Gentleman01
ONETWOFOREVER
Lumbering_Jack
Super D Boon
seanmichaels
Valero's Conscience
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Daz
superflyweight
Il Gialloblu
two_tone
azania
School Project
ShahenshahG
Rowley
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
47 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 4 Empty The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can all get a bit serious on here, so why not reminisce a little?

Funniest characters, beefs you have had, wummers you love to hate, the whole capang.

Beefs: I haven't had many really. Just short lived ones. I think Seanmichaels threatened to "find me" once (might not have been him) on the old 606, but we're golden now haha.

I also beef with Az ona reg basis here.

For me the old Dave667 v Truss battles were funny. Dave doesn't post so much now but he was always fun.

Truss and his aliases like Wussman (remember him?)

The way Windmill put people down in such a scholarly fashion.

Shenglong, brilliant. When he used to put his headlinesque posts on the beeb site, haha.

Steffan was fun.

Emore makes me laugh.

Loved Howthefook on the old site. Such a nice guy from his posts. Shame he left. Pacman79 was cool, too

And Spring. The original Spring, brilliant. "Marquez is ducking Naz cos...."

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 4 Empty Re: The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:17 pm

And his email and facebook too

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 4 Empty Re: The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:18 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Seem to remember D4 standing for election as well. I refrained.

I'm sure you remember a lot about him. He had you on a piece of string after all.

It was like human bear baiting watching him play you like a piano.

Still managed to get rid of him though.

Whereas you keep coming back. Like herpes.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I think the forum should have an amnesty and invite all banned members back.

thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Silvamaine and Mclusky - any idea where they've gone?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Seem to remember D4 standing for election as well. I refrained.

I'm sure you remember a lot about him. He had you on a piece of string after all.

It was like human bear baiting watching him play you like a piano.

Still managed to get rid of him though.

Whereas you keep coming back. Like herpes.

You sound slightly aggrieved yours keep coming back?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Not sure Seany... Something which was made up by fellow 606 members.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Not sure Seany... Something which was made up by fellow 606 members.

?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Let's play a game, guess the 606 members job... Obviously some have declared their jobs, just a case of if you believe them...

Coxy - apparent web designer magnate. In reality he probably knows someone who is a web developer who told him what an IP address was. His actual job is assistant manager of burger king which would explain the anger issues.

Sean Michaels - think he over states his slobbishness and will actually hold down a reasonable job... Possibly something in financial services.

Union Cane - data entry wiz, and has been for the last 20 years. Knows every process inside out. Probably a little tubby and has a voice which would send and insomniac to sleep.

Anymore?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Alex Huckerby - was HR girl, now in lettings agency or something like that.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:28 pm

ONETWO - Cleaner

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Coxy - apparent web designer magnate. In reality he probably knows someone who is a web developer who told him what an IP address was. His actual job is assistant manager of burger king which would explain the anger issues.

It's actually Head of Design.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Let's play a game, guess the 606 members job...

Lumbering Jack: Secretary

Rowley: Makes sausages

Tina: Hands out leaflets

Sean: Unemployed

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Coxy - Consumes Oxygen?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 pm

You are/were a security guard right Shah?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Yes. Gypsies and Animal rights protestors are my enemy

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Sean Michaels - think he over states his slobbishness and will actually hold down a reasonable job... Possibly something in financial services.

I never said I was a slob. When I do eat I eat well (healthily) as I am a good cook. I do work in Financial services and earn above the average salary but have been inhibited in terms of progression by constantly working for and with fat, stupid and mental women. This and an innate desire to be a full time groundsman has meant I generally hold out for a lottery win at which time I will purchase land and build a purpose built cricket club.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:03 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

So you build the burgers? I rarely eat at fast food joints but on a night out recently I ordered a bacon double cheeseburger at BK. I took a bite and it was drier than Ghandi's sandals. No ketchup or sauce whatsoever. Please explain?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:05 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Yes. Gypsies and Animal rights protestors are my enemy

Mine too, morally/philosophically that is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Not for me. Gypsies are welcome to do it as long as they finance themselves and clean up after themselves - on designated land and Animal rights protesters are quite welcome to protest as long as they dont try to attack people and their property or lie down in the road because my suspension is old and driving over ten or so off them is an unpleasant experience.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Lol, like that, impose a bunch of conditions you know they'll never satisfy in order to say they're ok.

Have never none gyppos be anything other than tax-dodging scummers who trash anywhere and everywhere they go. And hairy-muffed hippies like to take the moral high ground but can't help getting into a barney all the time.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:30 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Which in reality means he was asked which picture of a double cheeseburger would look best for the display.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Wink

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Adam D wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Not a massive fan of boxing 606v2. I still think it is over moderated on the boxing section

I am surprised it took until page 2 to be mentioned!

I will be honest that we have relaxed a lot more, and that is a credit to both the moderation team (who have done a brilliant job) and also to the core membership in boxing who have also started to relax in the general naughtiness.

This forum is a much better place to be now that we all accept the boundaries and that has allowed us to be a bit more lenient too.

FACT!

Used to post on here under a different name back in the good old days before leaving, and im still in contact with many of the other well known posters who left. Truth is members left because of one or two (mainly one) terrible moderator. I realise that for every 20 good moderators you'll get one bad one, but those in charge shouldn't let that one bad egg turn what was probably a top 3 boxing forum into what it is today. Coming back on here I was surprised to see that despite the obvious decline of the forum nothing has really changed regarding the cause.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Great thread!

D4 used to make me chuckle when browsing the old forum, I wish he'd been here when Pac lost!

Truss makes me chuckle, knowledgeable chap.

As does Az. Don't always agree but I enjoy the posts. More than Emore anyway.

JabMachine not actually sparring with Kell Brook was very odd from what I read....

Back to top Go down

Post by RANDY77 Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm

The jab machine 'come clean' thread was great reading. However in fairness he has since turned into a quite decent member.

RANDY77

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Azumah.......was Wussman.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm

606V2 is the best forum. Genuine fans with good knowledge and a lot of characters that are capable of sensible debate. Rarely does the banter desend to the abuse on other boards. On the whole I think the mods do a cracking job. I do miss waingro and ghosty clashing. He used to be able to push ghostys buttons even more than az! I used to love ghosty usually knowledgable quotes turned to complaining about waingros broken English typing.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:34 pm

azania wrote:Ox was terrific. I said he used weaponised English when debating sometimes. Awesome poster and an even better guy. I for one miss him. Plus he was as even as you can get. Nothing heavy handed about him.

He was a great guy, just a rubbish moderator.

I can't remember who it was, but Oxy really patronised him for having the temerity to vote for Lennox Lewis as the greatest European fighter of all time. I didn't agree with that sentiment myself, but Oxy's dismissal of him was dreadful for a moderator. He basically ragged him out for not spending time studying the greats. That attitude, for a moderator, isn't very conducive to building an inclusive forum.

Anyway, what do you know about moderating, Az. You got the tin tack from your role early on..... Whistle

I had several, pages long debates with him and windy. We hardly agreed on anything but always kept it civil. The guy was a true gent. Often the arguments were hot and positions entrenched. But always civil and at the end we joked about it. Never took anything personal with me and took it as banter which ne engaged in many times. I had a dictionary and thesaurus with me when debatig with him.

I miss him. He was a good sport and a better mod that given credit for. You would be surprised how lenient he was and always fair.

Much to my protestations I was voted in by you muppets as a mod. Beating ghosty to it. Laugh . I did say I didn't want to be one for reasons which are now obvious. But no-one listened to me.....again. Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:54 pm

I had the last laugh with Waingro and have fortunately not seen him since, I do find stupidity intolerable and it does often push me over the edge at times.

I found Oxy to be a very knowledgeable guy who was passionate about the sports history, I found it hilarious when he went off on his rants as he managed to make two normally smart posters too look quite silly, apologies to Chris and Manos but he owned you on the Wilde thing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Which in reality means he was asked which picture of a double cheeseburger would look best for the display.

Even if that was my role it's still a level above yours.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm an accountant. You can tell I'm telling the truth as no-one would pretend to be one!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 pm

spencerclarke wrote:I'm an accountant. You can tell I'm telling the truth as no-one would pretend to be one!

Must admit I wouldn't if all I was good at was being flash with a calculator.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I found Oxy to be a very knowledgeable guy who was passionate about the sports history, I found it hilarious when he went off on his rants as he managed to make two normally smart posters too look quite silly, apologies to Chris and Manos but he owned you on the Wilde thing.

No need for apologies, mate, but I remember things a wee bit differently....

https://www.606v2.com/t17055-how-good-was-roy-jones-in-his-prime

If anyone looked silly here it was Oxy and Coxy. If people can't see the hypocrisy is calling wins over Zulu Kid, Mansfield and Moore 'awsome' for Wilde but then calling the likes of Johnson, Griffin and Hill 'bums' on Jones' record then I don't know what else there is to debate with them!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Would say it was more the fact that Manos in particular was trying to discuss fighters he had literally only seen on Boxrec with absolutely no knowledge of them or their actual record.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:30 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:I found Oxy to be a very knowledgeable guy who was passionate about the sports history, I found it hilarious when he went off on his rants as he managed to make two normally smart posters too look quite silly, apologies to Chris and Manos but he owned you on the Wilde thing.

If anyone looked silly here it was Oxy and Coxy. If people can't see the hypocrisy is calling wins over Zulu Kid, Mansfield and Moore 'awsome' for Wilde but then calling the likes of Johnson, Griffin and Hill 'bums' on Jones' record then I don't know what else there is to debate with them!

Now now Chris, lets just be sensible. Wilde is the greatest "little guy" to have ever fought, RJJ doesn't exactly compare to his record. Wilde came back when he should've stayed away and got his arse kicked by Villa - didn't mention that. On the other hand a massive odds on favourite RJJ got whooped by Tarver and Johnson - and lets not forget how average they are.

Wilde > RJJ

Unless you're mad.

Bhop = Novice (20 fights with no amateur career)
Toney = Give him.
Ermmmm.. what else?!?!?!

Oh yeah, he got spanked around and has a murky past when it comes to steroid abuse.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Jones > Wilde, in my opinion.

OK
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Fair enough, Ghosty. Differences of opinion are what make the board, at the end of the day. That was a really good thread to be honest, just a shame it got a wee bit personal between a couple of posters.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Would say it was more the fact that Manos in particular was trying to discuss fighters he had literally only seen on Boxrec with absolutely no knowledge of them or their actual record.

Sorry but that is grossly unfair and totally wrong. Whenever anyone ownes you, you revert to claiming that they use boxrec. manos is thoroughly knowledgeable and well mannered and don't see him reverting to boxrec to win an argument. He owns you all the time.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:38 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Now now Chris, lets just be sensible. Wilde is the greatest "little guy" to have ever fought, RJJ doesn't exactly compare to his record. Wilde came back when he should've stayed away and got his arse kicked by Villa - didn't mention that. On the other hand a massive odds on favourite RJJ got whooped by Tarver and Johnson - and lets not forget how average they are.

Wilde > RJJ

Unless you're mad.

Bhop = Novice (20 fights with no amateur career)
Toney = Give him.
Ermmmm.. what else?!?!?!

Oh yeah, he got spanked around and has a murky past when it comes to steroid abuse.

Wasn't Wilde a coal miner or chimney sweep who fought between shifts?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't think I have ever seen Manos come close to being "owned"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Ghosty got owned by Manos on one of Windy's thread...Manos actually lost it for once and put ghosty in his place.

Ghosty I think your getting mixed up...Coxy and not manos is the one that reads boxrec.

Oxring was worse than D4 when it came to Pacquiao.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Was he? Not one that sticks in the mind to be honest

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm

My name is a homage to Wilde so I may be a bit biased but as far as i'm concerned it's not even close between the two.

Coxy i'm far from a Jones fan but to try and diminish him that much is fairly absurd, Hopkins, Toney, Hill and McCallum are all great wins.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Coxy

He scored all 3 fights for Pacquiao against Marquez...Even D4 said Marquez won the 3rd fight.

He used compubox for his reason as why he won the 3rd one yet forgets the compubox statistics favoured Marquez in the 2nd bout.

He always tried to discredit Mayweather...wrote off Mayweather's win against Mosley as he was "ancient".

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Guys, be nice. Suppossed to be a fun thread

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Ghosty got owned by Manos on one of Windy's thread...Manos actually lost it for once and put ghosty in his place.

Ghosty I think your getting mixed up...Coxy and not manos is the one that reads boxrec.

I get owned all the time don't I PBF, seems very much that you try to antagonise me non-stop but it doesn't seem to work any more.

Manos got well and truly owned by Oxy in that debate, his sole argument was based upon the non-complete records of the likes of Lee, Moore and Zulu Kid, he was backed into a corner and had no way out of it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:My name is a homage to Wilde so I may be a bit biased but as far as i'm concerned it's not even close between the two.

Coxy i'm far from a Jones fan but to try and diminish him that much is fairly absurd, Hopkins, Toney, Hill and McCallum are all great wins.

To keep it blunt:

BHop is a "great" win because of what he did some years post that fight. End of the day he was a 20 fight novice with no amateur experience.

Toney, grant him that.

Hill, maybe. Only maybe though.

Body Snatcher. a career LMW who was pretty much shot by the time they fought.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm

And moving on as I ain't getting in to that again.

Don't remember Ox being that bad, I mean I don't remember by dummy coming out all that much.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Ghosty got owned by Manos on one of Windy's thread...Manos actually lost it for once and put ghosty in his place.

I get owned all the time don't I PBF, seems very much that you try to antagonise me non-stop but it doesn't seem to work any more.

Manos got well and truly owned by Oxy in that debate, his sole argument was based upon the non-complete records of the likes of Lee, Moore and Zulu Kid, he was backed into a corner and had no way out of it.

Not trying to antagonise you Ghosty...I need to read the thread but cant see oxy owning anyone let alone manos to be honest.

On windy's thread Manos did own you though remember?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Might have to take back my comment about the banter not descending to abuse! Lol. Seriously though guys I've just read the thread Chris posted and we seem to be looping

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next