The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

+43
TheMackemMawler
captain carrantuohil
azumah HOF
sodhat
Strongback
Imperial Ghosty
spencerclarke
TRUSSMAN66
RANDY77
Mayweathers cellmate
RatBoy66
Fists of Fury
Eric el terible da cat
No1Jonesy
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
The genius of PBF
Adam D
jimdig
davidemore
Rodney
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Union Cane
bellchees
Gentleman01
ONETWOFOREVER
Lumbering_Jack
Super D Boon
seanmichaels
Valero's Conscience
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Daz
superflyweight
Il Gialloblu
two_tone
azania
School Project
ShahenshahG
Rowley
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
47 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 3 Empty The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 31 Oct 2012, 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can all get a bit serious on here, so why not reminisce a little?

Funniest characters, beefs you have had, wummers you love to hate, the whole capang.

Beefs: I haven't had many really. Just short lived ones. I think Seanmichaels threatened to "find me" once (might not have been him) on the old 606, but we're golden now haha.

I also beef with Az ona reg basis here.

For me the old Dave667 v Truss battles were funny. Dave doesn't post so much now but he was always fun.

Truss and his aliases like Wussman (remember him?)

The way Windmill put people down in such a scholarly fashion.

Shenglong, brilliant. When he used to put his headlinesque posts on the beeb site, haha.

Steffan was fun.

Emore makes me laugh.

Loved Howthefook on the old site. Such a nice guy from his posts. Shame he left. Pacman79 was cool, too

And Spring. The original Spring, brilliant. "Marquez is ducking Naz cos...."

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 3 Empty Re: The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:48 pm

Badgerhands and Baltimora. What happened to them?

Do the mods keep a list of who gets banned?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new - Page 3 Empty Re: The greatest ever 606 characters, wummers and beefs? Old and new

Post by Eric el terible da cat Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:49 pm

Yes I were the boilermaker back then when I left da job as rapping, I also went under Eric gods son, when I found da church.

Superfly mocked me, he go to hell.

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:50 pm

Baltimora left after Trash Talk got taken off.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Baltimora left after Trash Talk got taken off.

Do you see scott, baltimora etc on any other forums?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Nov 2012, 1:59 pm

D4's hero is Chris Laugh Was that article about Pacman by any chance, mate?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

Nah I used to talk to Balti a fair bit through PM, he left because he felt the Boxing section was overmoderated and he wasn't having fun on it anymore, he doesn't come on anymore, i don't really visit any other forums, they're all a bit cringeworthy, most comments are similar to those you find on Youtube of people really having a terrible understanding of Boxing

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Some good names on this thread (Strongback, Haito, Eric the boilermaker amongst others)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F20157148?thread=8018868&sk

2 coxy - for his sheer vitriolic unfettered honesty.

Should be PM, keep saying it but only a matter of time until the petition happens

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:18 pm

Why do you need to be Pm - I thought you was Jesus

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:20 pm

Well he can't do any worse than that clown in office now. Not even coxy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Some good names on this thread (Strongback, Haito, Eric the boilermaker amongst others)

Should be PM, keep saying it but only a matter of time until the petition happens

You should keep your inane off-topic ramblings to PM, then I wouldn't have to give you this warning.

warning
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Nah I used to talk to Balti a fair bit through PM, he left because he felt the Boxing section was overmoderated and he wasn't having fun on it anymore, he doesn't come on anymore, i don't really visit any other forums, they're all a bit cringeworthy, most comments are similar to those you find on Youtube of people really having a terrible understanding of Boxing

He left because he was banned. He kept threatening to leave of his own accord, only to return with the same offensive guff. He burnt his bridges.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:29 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:D4's hero is Chris Laugh Was that article about Pacman by any chance, mate?

In a cruel twist of fate, Fists, it turns out that it wasn't the real D4 who said that! I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment when I found out. Thought I'd actually achieved something worthwhile for a moment or two there!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:29 pm

Union Cane wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

You should keep your inane off-topic ramblings to PM, then I wouldn't have to give you this warning.

warning

See above ^ ^ ^

Office clown... Accused of being Jesus who was just make believe by a bunch of drunkards...

Hurtful stuff

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:30 pm

Coxy - I hardly think you're in any position to call anyone make believe Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:33 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Nah I used to talk to Balti a fair bit through PM, he left because he felt the Boxing section was overmoderated and he wasn't having fun on it anymore, he doesn't come on anymore, i don't really visit any other forums, they're all a bit cringeworthy, most comments are similar to those you find on Youtube of people really having a terrible understanding of Boxing

He left because he was banned. He kept threatening to leave of his own accord, only to return with the same offensive guff. He burnt his bridges.

As I said yesterday, the Rugby boards are full of content deemed inappropriate here. Perhaps if the boxing board was given the same leniency as they receive it would be a less sterile than it has become.

Biggest beef: Mods revelling in their banning record.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

Thats hardly fair - Apart from heading of trouble at the start with race, religion etc the mods have kept fairly out of the way for quite a while

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:37 pm

seanmichaels wrote:As I said yesterday, the Rugby boards are full of content deemed inappropriate here. Perhaps if the boxing board was given the same leniency as they receive it would be a less sterile than it has become.

Biggest beef: Mods revelling in their banning record.

I hear you brother, but unfortunately our little experiment with the Trash Talk section showed that people do not know where to draw the line.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:39 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Thats hardly fair - Apart from heading of trouble at the start with race, religion etc the mods have kept fairly out of the way for quite a while

The reduced content on the boards (posters and postings) is probably as much to do with the reduced moderation as it is anything else.

No problems with the current team.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric el terible da cat Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

I've been banned twice, now I'm back. Fists I'm getting another chance aren't I ?

Ban that Superfly, I cradled him as a young pup on the old 606 we used to hang out together me Windy and Jimmy swapping our vast knowledge with one another and Super enjoyed it.

Now well he come too big for his boots, but I'll turn da other cheek

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:42 pm

Union Cane wrote:
I hear you brother, but unfortunately our little experiment with the Trash Talk section showed that people do not know where to draw the line.

I assume you are including yourself in that, Union?

Anyway, I think the current team actually do a very good job and I don't necessarily agree with seany on this one. It is better since Adam started delegating and not trying to moderate this section himself. He was the very definition of heavy handed moderating.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:44 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I assume you are including yourself in that, Union?

I was one of the worst mate, can't believe they made me a moderator to be honest.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:46 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I assume you are including yourself in that, Union?

I was one of the worst mate, can't believe they made me a moderator to be honest.

What happened to Oxring?

I had a lot of love for him. Awesome vocabulary and really intelligent guy. Knew his boxing as well.

But my god, he was a shocking moderator.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:49 pm

Union Cane wrote:

The true definition of poacher turned gamekeeper.

In hindsight, Windy probably made a mistake naming it 'Trash' talk. It kind of invited trouble.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:50 pm

Ban that Superfly, I cradled him as a young pup on the old 606 we used to hang out together me Windy and Jimmy swapping our vast knowledge with one another and Super enjoyed it.

My memory isn't what it was but I'm fairly sure that never happened.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:50 pm

Medical student in his exam period haven't seen him since. probably got picked up straight away by whichever field he was in

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:51 pm

Oxring loved banning me. Never got over being duped by Razzaq.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:53 pm

Ox was terrific. I said he used weaponised English when debating sometimes. Awesome poster and an even better guy. I for one miss him. Plus he was as even as you can get. Nothing heavy handed about him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric el terible da cat Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

I hated John da chef the mother effing parasite,

Trying to mimick me, I'm in mimickable.

Super I'm willing to give you another chance sir. Welcome back in da cat's team.

Eric el terible da cat

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:00 pm

azania wrote:Ox was terrific. I said he used weaponised English when debating sometimes. Awesome poster and an even better guy. I for one miss him. Plus he was as even as you can get. Nothing heavy handed about him.

he was a plum. In my humble opinion.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

azania wrote:Ox was terrific. I said he used weaponised English when debating sometimes. Awesome poster and an even better guy. I for one miss him. Plus he was as even as you can get. Nothing heavy handed about him.

He was a great guy, just a rubbish moderator.

I can't remember who it was, but Oxy really patronised him for having the temerity to vote for Lennox Lewis as the greatest European fighter of all time. I didn't agree with that sentiment myself, but Oxy's dismissal of him was dreadful for a moderator. He basically ragged him out for not spending time studying the greats. That attitude, for a moderator, isn't very conducive to building an inclusive forum.

Anyway, what do you know about moderating, Az. You got the tin tack from your role early on..... Whistle

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:07 pm

was Azania the 1st mod guy who kept coming back to 606 to poach members? i need to cut down on the drink, I used to have the memory of an elephant.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:07 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Medical student in his exam period haven't seen him since. probably got picked up straight away by whichever field he was in

Oxford medical grad (who probs got a 1st) = $$$$$$$

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:10 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

He was a great guy, just a rubbish moderator.

I can't remember who it was, but Oxy really patronised him for having the temerity to vote for Lennox Lewis as the greatest European fighter of all time. I didn't agree with that sentiment myself, but Oxy's dismissal of him was dreadful for a moderator. He basically ragged him out for not spending time studying the greats. That attitude, for a moderator, isn't very conducive to building an inclusive forum.

Anyway, what do you know about moderating, Az. You got the tin tack from your role early on..... Whistle

Haha yeh that was easily the worst appointment ever!! Who was it that really kicked off about it and not getting it themselves? Was it Ghosty??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:13 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Haha yeh that was easily the worst appointment ever!! Who was it that really kicked off about it and not getting it themselves? Was it Ghosty??

Yep, Ghosty wanted the job originally but I think Az got there first.

They haven't let it get to them though. Amazing how they have stayed the best of friends through it all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:14 pm

You have a gift for understatement tino

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:16 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:You have a gift for understatement tino

Mrs Windows says something very similar, Shah.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:19 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:You have a gift for understatement tino

Mrs Windows says something very similar, Shah.

Underwhelming is not the same as understatement

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:23 pm

I agree that Oxring is a loss. We clashed slightly at the start of 606v2 (I took a wee bit of exception to his telling me that I was "discrediting" myself as a boxing poster when I suggested that Roy Jones had a better win column than Jimmy Wilde), but after a while I came to apprecite him a lot more once he'd settled down a bit. It's a shame he doesn't still post as his contributions were damn good in general. Hopefully he'll pop back in at some point.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:30 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I agree that Oxring is a loss. We clashed slightly at the start of 606v2 (I took a wee bit of exception to his telling me that I was "discrediting" myself as a boxing poster when I suggested that Roy Jones had a better win column than Jimmy Wilde), but after a while I came to apprecite him a lot more once he'd settled down a bit. It's a shame he doesn't still post as his contributions were damn good in general. Hopefully he'll pop back in at some point.

Aye, he had a way of rubbing people up the wrong way did Oxy. It was always as a result of his belief and passion for the sport though which makes it an easily forgivable trait. I remember him nearly imploding when debating with manos about the merits of Tancy Lee. Great stuff.

He has a point though, Chris. Anyone who rates Jones Jr win column as better than Wilde's clearly knows very little about the game.....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:34 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He has a point though, Chris. Anyone who rates Jones Jr win column as better than Wilde's clearly knows very little about the game.....

Rub my face in it, why don't you. I said that I took exception to it, not that he was wrong!

raspberry
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:36 pm

Ghosty went mental

Seem to remember D4 standing for election as well. I refrained.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Ghosty went mental

Bigger fish to fry?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:50 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

I'm sure you remember a lot about him. He had you on a piece of string after all.

It was like human bear baiting watching him play you like a piano.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:57 pm

Oxy was a bit of a patronising but hole... Sure he's a good guy what with him being a soooper doooper Oxford grad though.

It always amazes me how successful people on the internet are. My annual salary last year was 1.5 million. What are the chances.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:58 pm

About 1.5 million to 1

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Oxy was a bit of a patronising but hole... Sure he's a good guy what with him being a soooper doooper Oxford grad though.

It always amazes me how successful people on the internet are. My annual salary last year was 1.5 million. What are the chances.

What are the rates for a jigalow these days?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:08 pm

Oxy told me off once because I said Lennox Lewis was the best boxer we'd had from the UK or something along those lines.

He went a little far if I'm honest. Didn't like the guy, pompous snob.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:08 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

I'm sure you remember a lot about him. He had you on a piece of string after all.

Still managed to get rid of him though.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

I think the forum should have an amnesty and invite all banned members back.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Still managed to get rid of him though.

No you didn't. I believe Windy got rid of him for constantly spamming the boards with his Pacquiao obsession. Nothing to do with your childlike whinging. Don't flatter yourself, flower.

D4 had your number.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next