The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clermont V Leinster next Sunday

+35
Standulstermen
Hound_of_Harrow
eirebilly
Artful_Dodger
Cari
VinceWLB
Notch
Pot Hale
maestegmafia
toml
valjester
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
LeinsterFan4life
Rory_Gallagher
Golden
profitius
brennomac
thebandwagonsociety
BoyneRFC
UlstermaninGlasgow
asoreleftshoulder
neilthom7
Gibson
Intotouch
whocares
Don Alfonso
Submachine
rapidsnowman
SecretFly
MrsP
Mickado
Feckless Rogue
rodders
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Jenifer McLadyboy
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Clermont V Leinster next Sunday - Page 3 Empty Clermont V Leinster next Sunday

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 03 Dec 2012, 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Immovable object meets unstoppable force.

Leinster unbeaten in Europe since their last visit here exactly 2 years ago. Clermont now have a 50 game unbeaten home run in all comps, stretching back over 3 years.

Expect thunder, lightning, and balls to the wall Rugby action.

Clermont clear favourites, but Leinster will not let it go easy.

Leinster need the win as Clermont are 2 points ahead going in.

Leinster with full pack and a possible edge in the back row. Clermont have the edge most other places especially the backs where Leinster have a lot of injuries.

Watch this space……

Leinster

15: Ian Madigan
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Gordon D'Arcy
12: Andrew Goodman
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Damian Browne
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss
17: Jack McGrath
18: Michael Bent
19: Devin Toner
20: Shane Jennings
21: Eoin Reddan
22: Fionn Carr
23: Andrew Conway

ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE

15 Lee Byrne
14 Sitiveni Sivivatu
13 Aurélien Rougerie CAPTAIN
12 Wesley Fofana
11 Napolioni Nalaga,
10 Brock James
9 Morgan Parra

1 Vincent Debaty
2 Benjamin Kayser
3 Davit Zirakashvili
4 Jamie Cudmore
5 Nathan Hines
6 Julien Bonnaire
7 Alexandre Lapandry
8 Damien Chouly

REPLACEMENTS:

16 Ti’i Paulo
17 Raphael Chaume
18 Daniel Kotze
19 Julien Pierre
20 Julien Bardy
21 Ludovic Radosavljevic
22 David Skrela
23 Regan King

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Fri 07 Dec 2012, 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Clermont V Leinster next Sunday - Page 3 Empty Re: Clermont V Leinster next Sunday

Post by profitius Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:11 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Anyone know why Cronin is starting this one over Strauss?

Could have something to do with tempting him to sign a new contract
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Clermont V Leinster next Sunday - Page 3 Empty Re: Clermont V Leinster next Sunday

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:18 pm

Have Clermont named their team yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:19 pm

It's in the topic message pete

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:19 pm

That is an odd team to be honest.. are Leinster fans happy with it overall? It seems a bit experimental for a Clermont game. I guess when you consider the injury list it is probably the best players all starting.

I had a feeling D'Arcy was going to start at 13, he played very well there last weekend.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:32 pm

thanks golden, glad Domingo didn't make it. Phew!

Yeah we really are shorn of a lot of talent (EOM, Fitz, Kearney, K2, BOD, VDM??)

I think the pack should be ok but I am worried about the backs and if any of our backs go off the thought of Conway and in particular Carr coming on does not bode well for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:45 pm

How long is Bod out for?

Got tickets for the Scarlets game in January the other day, so hopefully the likes of Kearney x2, Bod, Fitzgerald, will be back for it. Just hope were still in the race by then

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:49 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:That is an odd team to be honest.. are Leinster fans happy with it overall? It seems a bit experimental for a Clermont game. I guess when you consider the injury list it is probably the best players all starting.

I had a feeling D'Arcy was going to start at 13, he played very well there last weekend.

I'm happy enough with it, considering the injuries we have. If D Kearney, R Kearney, BOD or EOM were fit they would be playing I think. So all that missing means there is an injury whole at full back, wing and centre. Joe has been happy with madigan playing 15 to give him the nod, that allows Ferg and Isa to take the wing spots. It's the centre pairing that is strange, but after watching the game last week, I'm more comfortable with it, Darcy has to manage Rougerie and the big question mark is can Goodman take care of Fofana. Really Darcy has to be clued in on first phase attack plays, once you get past first phase defense, himself and BOD used mix and match depending on who was getting out of the last breakdown quite seemlessly for Leinster.

Up front, Cronin for Strauss is a bit strange but the can shift between start/bench without much hassle. The backrow is the away game back row. Second row is a known weakness and Browne matches up better against cudmore and Hines than Toner (who plays great in home parts of HC double headers this time of year!).

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

Flights - check
Tickets - check
polite smile ready as I destroy the french language at every attempt - check

Do I take along the blue santa hat? hmm will have to think about that one.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:11 pm

Flights don't look good, band. I'm flying in from the Dam to Lyon in the morn. All flights from here to France today, are either cancelled or majorly delayed. Bollix to it anyway.

Either way, I´ll see ye lot in Cafe Pascal, roysh. OK

We are going to win this one.

Believe.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:35 pm

Don't be telling me about major delays..... there can be major delays to get back but only once I'm already over there.

Oh, and definite on the positivity! I'm only going for the win. That doesn't happen, I'll be the guy asking Joe to refund the cost of my trip as sky sports try to do their post match interview!

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:37 pm

Gibson wrote:

Will you be the one in the Leinster Jersey?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

How good is the Clermont lineout lads?

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:15 pm

Wish I was yiz lads. Hope you brought a packed lunch. Give em nuthin

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:54 pm

How long is Dave Kearney out for?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:00 pm

WhiffOC predictions:
Connacht loss be less than 7, Ulster loss by less than 7, Munster win by less than 7, & ...

... Leinster loss by more than 7 Run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:06 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Gibson wrote:

Will you be the one in the Leinster Jersey?

Jen,
I will be mostly wearing a blue Leinster frock. And no knickers. guinness

Seriously lads, lets have pints. I will be with The Huggmeister(Hughie) off here. He looks like Boris Becker. I´m feeding him Dutch Gin on Tour. Did it last time and nearly got feiced out of Parc Y Scarlets. Just follow the noise... I´ll be beside him.

Believe.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:08 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:WhiffOC predictions:
Connacht loss be less than 7, Ulster loss by less than 7, Munster win by less than 7, & ...

... Leinster loss by more than 7 Run

Yip, not many people go to Clermont and win. Then again, not a lot of teams win 3 HEC's in 4 years. Not allot of teams win HEC finals by 25+ points, nor do they win SFs away in France....

It will be tough but we can do it. If any team can, Leinster can. 'swy we are the champs. devil

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:16 pm

Just looked at highlights of Clermont v Toulouse last weekend in the T14 - great pack, look good going forward, but jeez the Clermont defence was an absolute mess for two of the Toulouse tries - missed tackles all over the place. Hope yet!

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:34 pm

brennomac wrote:Just looked at highlights of Clermont v Toulouse last weekend in the T14 - great pack, look good going forward, but jeez the Clermont defence was an absolute mess for two of the Toulouse tries - missed tackles all over the place. Hope yet!

You mean they're................... they're like men? Ordinary men who might make a mistake or two? Thank God for that. I was beginning to think I was reading a Greek Epic listening about them invincible Clermont warriors.

I was just recently reading Rob Kearney in the Independent and his take was a refreshing one. I think if Leinster go with a mindset of being incumbent champions and trying to defend something...or if they look at Clermont as a side looking for revenge, then it might all fall apart under the pressure of that mental baggage.

Kearney sounded like he was talking about a completely different game. He said Leinster have a real chance to kill Clermont's three year home record. He sees it as an attack on Clermont's record rather than a defence of Leinster's title. That's a subtle difference in a way but in fact, if Leinster have that in their heads I'll have more hope. Let them chase Clermont -with something very real and solid to achieve in this one game itself.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:44 pm

brennomac wrote:Just looked at highlights of Clermont v Toulouse last weekend in the T14 - great pack, look good going forward, but jeez the Clermont defence was an absolute mess for two of the Toulouse tries - missed tackles all over the place. Hope yet!

They did rest about 12 players though

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Dec 2012, 5:28 pm

14 changes from that squad

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 07 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

Their defence is generally good when they have their first choice team out. What you can say about them is that they are liable to butcher scoring chances, Leinster will take points when they have the chance to, Clermont are known to make it hard on themselves by missing lots of opportunities.

Darcy against Rougerie should be interesting. McFadden clearly isn't trusted as a centre, for all the calls for him to be played at 12 for Ireland, its hard to see him ever getting a chance in the centre for Ireland if hes not trusted by his province there.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 6:22 pm

valjester wrote:

Their defence is generally good when they have their first choice team out. What you can say about them is that they are liable to butcher scoring chances, Leinster will take points when they have the chance to, Clermont are known to make it hard on themselves by missing lots of opportunities.

Darcy against Rougerie should be interesting. McFadden clearly isn't trusted as a centre, for all the calls for him to be played at 12 for Ireland, its hard to see him ever getting a chance in the centre for Ireland if hes not trusted by his province there.
Total Horsesh1t. Joe is on record about preferring him at centre. It is more that Carr and to a lesser extent Conway (Our only fit wingers) are not trusted.

If Dave Kearney was fit you could see Darce at 12 and Ferg at 13. Or you could see Isa at FB.

Ferg is just a guy you want on the pitch, where ever from 11 to 14, he has speed strength and a great attitude.

His versatility and his kicking make him a great fit for Leinster in any of those positions. He won player of the tournament in our last Churchill Cup at 13. Many think his best position is 12.

His best position is where ever our greatest need is.

With a fit Darce and Drico that would probably be on the wing. With a fit Darce, Drico and Rob Kearney, still on the wing. With more wing options he would be best in the Centre.

Guy's in super form atm too. Looking forward to him having a stormer. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Dec 2012, 6:33 pm

I'll say again that it is time Dave Kearney was tested closer to the centre or at centre itself. Not now, not in HEC ..but in Pro12 games.

I believe his future is there rather than on the wing

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Fri 07 Dec 2012, 6:42 pm

Anyone else really disappointed in the way Conway has developed? I thought by this time in his career he really would have been pushing for a starting place.

I really thought watching him for Blackrock and then the under 20s he was going to be huge, I know hes plenty of time but I havent been too impressed with him in Leinster colours.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 07 Dec 2012, 7:03 pm

Golden wrote:Anyone else really disappointed in the way Conway has developed? I thought by this time in his career he really would have been pushing for a starting place.

Yup..... well... as disappointed as an Ulster man would be at such things anyway... Whistle

Considering he and Gilroy played in the U-20s together he hasn't developed at the same pace. He still looks a bit underpowered physically. Its a pity because this season presented a real opportunity to step up. He still has plenty of time though.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 7:17 pm

Conway and Macken. Always in the same breath. Macken even more disappointing really. Hopefully they both kick on.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 07 Dec 2012, 7:47 pm

Macken was meant to be the next big thing at 13, wasn't he? I hope he can still live up to his earlier potential.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 07 Dec 2012, 8:25 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Macken was meant to be the next big thing at 13, wasn't he? I hope he can still live up to his earlier potential.

Macken always had the physical attributes to be a good players but needed to work on the rest of his game, which I think he has come on a lot in the last number of games I've seen him play.

On my comments on McFadden, he definitely isn't rated by the Irish management as a centre and you can see why if you go through his games in the centre for Ireland.

He hasn't progressed as much as people had hoped from the Churchhill cup where he was fantastic.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 10:33 pm

He's had I think 2 games at 13 for Ireland. None at 12. I wouldn't be holding Kidney up as a master tactician.

Macken is OK going forward. If he can get over his side on tackling, and hit hard front on rather than letting guys past him and then hitting them from the side, he'll be grand.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 07 Dec 2012, 11:44 pm

But O' Malley is BOD Eile. He's left Macken in his wake. Ireland's 13 in-waiting. Still fancy Macken to make it to the top though.

Id be a happier man if O Malley was with us tomorrow. Howanever.

This is Joe Schmidt's biggest test to date. And I'm putting money on him to do the job. Considering the season that's in it, it would be an amazing feat if we get out of Clermont with a result.

And we will.

Must pack me thermals...

Nite yáll and Believe.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sat 08 Dec 2012, 12:37 am

I f**kin love Leinster. I love them. I'm drunk.
heart

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 08 Dec 2012, 1:38 pm

Mickado wrote:I f**kin love Leinster. I love them. I'm drunk.
heart

laughing Great post.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sat 08 Dec 2012, 6:46 pm

I don't remember being on here last night... Jeysus...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 08 Dec 2012, 6:54 pm

Blackout by 12.37am? Lightweight.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Sun 09 Dec 2012, 5:52 am

Gibson wrote:But O' Malley is BOD Eile. He's left Macken in his wake. Ireland's 13 in-waiting. Still fancy Macken to make it to the top though.

Id be a happier man if O Malley was with us tomorrow. Howanever.

This is Joe Schmidt's biggest test to date. And I'm putting money on him to do the job. Considering the season that's in it, it would be an amazing feat if we get out of Clermont with a result.

And we will.

Must pack me thermals...

Nite yáll and Believe.

Must be very frustrating having alot of young talent injured/not progressing as hoped. A couple of seasons ago Dom Ryan and EOM were looking super players, Conway and Macken bags of potential and Ruddock being lined up for Ireland. Then Toner who doesn't look like he's gonna make it to the top and Fitzy who is such a talent- lost his form... Started to regain it and then bang gone again.
Hopefully these players get fit/ kick on and you will stay a formidable squad, but at the moment I think you look thin and will struggle against Clermont.
Regardless you can do it, and hopefully make it 4/4 for the Irish.

What do Leinster fans think about Fitzy at 13 when he's back. Seems to have the skills, step and pace to take over from BOD.

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:21 am

I have wanted to see Fitz given a go at 13 for years now. I think he would be the best player available to replace BOD.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:45 am

Mickado wrote:I f**kin love Leinster. I love them. I'm drunk.
heart

Mick! Waken up sir its match day! Very Happy mug

Best of luck lads, lets make it a clean sweep for the provinces! thumbsup guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:52 am

Leinster outplayed Clermont last season in France and SOB is back for Leinster.

The Clermont 11 - 15 is better but I think they are getting overhyped a bit.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:52 pm

Big game today for both sides, massive reputations and only one winner.

Got to love the HEC.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:58 pm

My stomach is knotted just waiting! So many questions to be asked of Leinster after a lacklustre season so far - with only 80 minutes to answer them against a side that seems to have most of the answers already waiting for them.

Big battle ahead.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:59 pm

Its massive Fly, I cant wait

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:59 pm

So the big one of the weekend is about to kick off.

Wonder how the new fella, Goodman, will fare? Stand up or melt in the Jaunards furnace?

The scrum battles are going to be interesting.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:00 pm

I just can't see an understrength Leinster winning here. A losing bonus point would be a good result, and is necessary if best runners up comes into the equation...

Last edited by Notch on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:00 pm

This is one match where Heaslip gets to earn his corn.

Heineken Corn.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:05 pm

Guys anyone got a decent stream? I have a few but they aren't great.... cheers!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:06 pm

No bind from Debaty, penalty Clermont, nothing new here Owens can't ref at scrumtime.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:12 pm

Bit of a tussle at scrum time.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:16 pm

Fantastic start from Leinster!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 09 Dec 2012, 3:29 pm

McFadden is having a stormer

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next