The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clermont V Leinster next Sunday

+35
Standulstermen
Hound_of_Harrow
eirebilly
Artful_Dodger
Cari
VinceWLB
Notch
Pot Hale
maestegmafia
toml
valjester
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
LeinsterFan4life
Rory_Gallagher
Golden
profitius
brennomac
thebandwagonsociety
BoyneRFC
UlstermaninGlasgow
asoreleftshoulder
neilthom7
Gibson
Intotouch
whocares
Don Alfonso
Submachine
rapidsnowman
SecretFly
MrsP
Mickado
Feckless Rogue
rodders
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Jenifer McLadyboy
39 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Clermont V Leinster next Sunday - Page 2 Empty Clermont V Leinster next Sunday

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Immovable object meets unstoppable force.

Leinster unbeaten in Europe since their last visit here exactly 2 years ago. Clermont now have a 50 game unbeaten home run in all comps, stretching back over 3 years.

Expect thunder, lightning, and balls to the wall Rugby action.

Clermont clear favourites, but Leinster will not let it go easy.

Leinster need the win as Clermont are 2 points ahead going in.

Leinster with full pack and a possible edge in the back row. Clermont have the edge most other places especially the backs where Leinster have a lot of injuries.

Watch this space……

Leinster

15: Ian Madigan
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Gordon D'Arcy
12: Andrew Goodman
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Damian Browne
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss
17: Jack McGrath
18: Michael Bent
19: Devin Toner
20: Shane Jennings
21: Eoin Reddan
22: Fionn Carr
23: Andrew Conway

ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE

15 Lee Byrne
14 Sitiveni Sivivatu
13 Aurélien Rougerie CAPTAIN
12 Wesley Fofana
11 Napolioni Nalaga,
10 Brock James
9 Morgan Parra

1 Vincent Debaty
2 Benjamin Kayser
3 Davit Zirakashvili
4 Jamie Cudmore
5 Nathan Hines
6 Julien Bonnaire
7 Alexandre Lapandry
8 Damien Chouly

REPLACEMENTS:

16 Ti’i Paulo
17 Raphael Chaume
18 Daniel Kotze
19 Julien Pierre
20 Julien Bardy
21 Ludovic Radosavljevic
22 David Skrela
23 Regan King

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Clermont V Leinster next Sunday - Page 2 Empty Re: Clermont V Leinster next Sunday

Post by Gibson Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:55 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I still think we can get through the group, but we simply must get maximum points from the rest of our games, if we don't get Bonus Points (losing or Try scoring) then we are in poor position.

We will beat ASM down there. We'll be grand.

Believe.

Last edited by Gibson on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Clermont V Leinster next Sunday - Page 2 Empty Re: Clermont V Leinster next Sunday

Post by neilthom7 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Best of luck to Leinster. Hope all the Irish provinces get the Win.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:37 am

Bent and Goodman added to the HC squad. Goodman will probably start.

11 Ferg
12 Goodman
13 Darce
14 D Kearney/Conway
15 Isa

22 Madigan
23 Conway/Carr

Only other questions are does he go with the "away" team of VDM Kev and Boss with Cian Jeno and Redser on the bench?

Or the opposite?

Or a mix?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 am

He could even put SOB on the bench. Feed him raw meat and put him in a cage in front of some crap French films

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm really glad we've registered Goodman, because as good a center as Ferg is, he's playing better than any winger we have at the minute.

I know Gibbs said that we've no fresh injury concerns but I'm hoping that D.Kearney is fit and ready to go, would like to see him start on the wing with Ferg and Isa to fullback.

Think we should start with Healy, try to tear into them from the off, VDM coming on will give our scrum a great boost. Also, I'm coming around to the idea of starting Boss, our pack is full strenght but our backs are not, Boss is a forwards SH, and if it rains, all the better. Jenno to slow down their ball or McLaughlin to try to punch holes...? I'm just glad Joe has to make the call...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Whats that Goodman fella like? He's a second 5/8ths playmaker type right?

Yous better hope that D.Kearney is fit and on song because you don't want to be sending Carr out there! Shocked

Madigan at 15 would be a safer, and more potent attacking bet should that scenario come to pass.....

The pack is the big battle.... have to say Leinster look a bit underpowered in the second row compared to that monster Clermont duo.

I would say Leinster want to be moving that Clermont pack around as much as possible and trying to avoid taking them on in the tight.

Sexton and O'Brien are the key men for Leinster. They're the 2 guys who can hurt Clermont if they get front foot ball. This would be one of the greatest wins for Leinster if they can pull this off.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Based on his few games for us so far Rods, i wouldn't describe him as a 2nd 5/8ths playmaker. He's a big fella, a strong defender and carrier, but not a creative playmaker.

He could just be getting the basics right for now before he expands on his skills. According to Shaggy, the most important thing a Leinster 12 needs to learn is how to work a switch pass and a loop, and he's got that much anyway.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Tomaaa Domingo injured in training.......Aledgedly.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Ok then.

I wish him a speedy and straightforward recovery, after next weekend.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 pm

yes dodgy knee again - he has probably been injured most of the last 2 years!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Bent and Goodman added to the HC squad. Goodman will probably start.

11 Ferg
12 Goodman
13 Darce
14 D Kearney/Conway
15 Isa

22 Madigan
23 Conway/Carr

Only other questions are does he go with the "away" team of VDM Kev and Boss with Cian Jeno and Redser on the bench?

Or the opposite?

Or a mix?

I think this shows the difference between this season and the last 2 years.There is no way that Madigan or Carr/Conway get on the pitch unless there's an injury or one team has run away with it and there's no chance of them coming back.Last year our entire bench was there to make an impact this year it's only slowly coming back to that kind of strength.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Yes, but the rest of the bench can make an impact.

16 Cronin
17 VDM/Healy
18 Bent
19 Toner
20 SOB/Jennings
21 Redan/Boss

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Oh yeah it's better than it was in the 1st round of HC games,you could really see it in the Exeter game.We had a purple patch around the 55 minute mark and our usual quality of subs coming on would imo have pushed us on to win the game a lot more comfortably.

I suppose it's not too bad as good subs in the forwards are more important because of the higher risk of injury and the more draining work they have to do.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:57 pm

I reckon you lads should just go for them in the first 20 minutes... Total rugby, batter them up front and then blitz them out wide. Play like England v NZ.

Healy has to start. Pure aggression.

Browne/Toner? Go with Browne, if Kev, Heaslip, Cullen and Seanie can't provide good ball off the lineout then somethings up... And Browne is a lump to contend with Cudmore/Hines

Seanie/Kev/Heaslip back row. Batter them with these lads and don't let up...

Boss at SH. If it rains then he'll run the show, if not then he'll get the forwards to provide the best ball for Sexton.

Outside Sexton, Pick your 5 fittest backs and let them do what they need to off Sexton. McF, Goodman, Darce, Kearney, Isa... If Kearney isn't fit then Mads to FB and Isa on the wing...
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm

we'll try all that Ulsterman..... we'll try. But even as you typed it you probably realised: Christ, these poor guys are up against it...............................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:01 am

Teams will probably be out tomorrow I'd imagine.

Anyone care to venture what the Clermont team likely to be? Apart from very bloody good of course...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:38 am

Domingo gone. Likely team:

(chaume debaty) kayser zirack
hines cudmore
bonnaire chouly (Lapandry bardy)
parra james
nalaga fofana rougerie sivi
Byrne

http://www.cybervulcans.net/forum/topic/52428-avant-match-asm-leinster/page__st__930

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am

And if anyone is interested, the fans speak about ASM p!$$ing through our backs.

They are very worried about their propensity to get yellow carded (Hines and Cudmore).

Oh and they want to knock us out now, so they have no chance of a repeat of Bordeaux (they are cognizant that we will have BoD Kearney and Fitz (the danger man for them) back)

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh and it's freezing now in Clermont and will continue to do so until Monday.

For anyone travelling on the 16h00 train from Paris Bercy to Clermont on Saturday.. if you hear loud noises and a general sweaty beery winey pong coming from one of the carriages, just keep on walking...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:53 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:Oh and it's freezing now in Clermont and will continue to do so until Monday.

For anyone travelling on the 16h00 train from Paris Bercy to Clermont on Saturday.. if you hear loud noises and a general sweaty beery winey pong coming from one of the carriages, just keep on walking...

We're on that train too. We'll have to make ourselves known. I'll be the one in the Leinster Jersey. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 pm

We have a spare ticket if any of ye are without...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:11 pm

...oh and there is a great deli near the station (in Carrefour) if you are looking for wine and general picnic items...

I presume you are on the 6.40 to CDG?

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:26 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:We have a spare ticket if any of ye are without...
Checking..... One of the lads had a brother in Germany who is coming down.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Grand, let me know. We had one pull out. The ticket is 35...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:
I presume you are on the 6.40 to CDG?

Think it's 06:50 but yes.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm

ok. defo take that ticket. I'll pm you my number.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Go it. PM back at you.

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:01 pm

One more thing.. there is a return ticket from Paris to Clermont going as well if you are interested.

Probably allot cheaper than what you will pay on the day... let me know.

(I also have a nice selection of watches as well)...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Is there anything to be read into Healy doing the Clermont preview piece on the leinster website? I used to think that the person doing that clip was starting in the game but to be honest I've never tracked it through.

After watching them play last week (though it was only against Zebre), I'm more comfortable with Darcy moving out to the 13 jersey (he defense is underrated at times) and Goodman is a decent lump of a lad but I haven't seen anything yet that has made me go 'wow'. Ferg on the wing will be fine, he really has matured into that position well. D Kearney would have a better impression for defensive ability than conway but either are better than Carr at this level. Isa at fullback is a treat those lucky enough to be at the game or watching it on tv.

Up front, I don't mind VDM or Healy to start, though I'd probably prefer VDM to start and take the close battle with Healy being a great impact sub to spring from the bench. While I think Toner is the more talented lock, Browne is needed for the tough battle with Hines and Cudmore. I'd also go for power in the backrow with KmcL, SOB and Heaslip with Jennings on the bench. Jennings is better for the more expansive backs orientated game but we need to focus on the forward battle in the trenches. I think Boss' game is ideal for this kind of game, the backrow always play better with him pulling the strings.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:07 pm

I think we are on the 10:30 train on Monday morning. 15 bucks each way. Hard to top.

I'll ask anyway.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Yip - us as well. I think the missing buy paid about 70 return...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:10 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:Oh and it's freezing now in Clermont and will continue to do so until Monday.

Current forecast for Clermont on Sunday is a range from +1 to -3 with showers presumably of sleet given that temp range. Not sure if that will favour any team in particular but cold hands probably aint going to make for an expansive game. More likely a bit of trench warfare so on that score start with our warriors - Healy-Strauss-Bent-Cullen-Browne-McL-SOB-Heaslip with Boss starting at SH

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 am

I am actually 10 times worse than an anti christ. How I will sleep tonight, I have no idea. Let alone work.

Bring it on...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 am

I'm as nervous as a chocolate biscuit at a tea party...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:57 am

I'm a hobnob..............bring that tea on, I can handle it!!!!! Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:59 am

I met Joe Schmidt last Friday in Navan RC. He was pretty open about how much luck we will need. He was probably just doing the usual PR stuff but seemed genuinely nervous about the game.

He posed for a pic with me and my friend and we made t-shirts out of it.

Don't judge me.

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 am

The SAS of biscuits! Laugh

I met him in Tallaght stadium, lovely fella. My 6 year old god son made a show of me "Where's Isa? who are you?", he just said "I'm Joe, Isa is at home with his little girls" and posed for a picture with him.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:29 am

He was shocked when we told him that we will be in Clermont. Thanked us for our support when we told him we go to all away games (in France).

Legend.

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Leinster team to face ASM Clermont Auvergne...
The Leinster team to face ASM Clermont Auvergne in Sunday's Heineken Cup Round 3 clash in Stade Marcel Michelin (KO: 3pm Irish time, 4pm local time) has been named...
Jonathan Sexton will make his 100th appearance for the province after being named in the side for Sunday's clash in France and the Ireland out-half will partner Isaac Boss at half back.

Gordon D'Arcy, meanwhile, will become the most capped Leinster player in Heineken Cup history when he takes his place at outside centre and he will make his 88th European appearance alongside tournament debutant Andrew Goodman who lines up inside him.

Leo Cullen leads the team and is named in an all-Ireland pack which features seven internationals as well as Ireland 'A' lock Damian Browne. Mike Ross starts in the front row - alongside Sean Cronin and Cian Healy - and the Cork man will make his 75th appearance since his 2009 to the province.

Sunday's Round 3 game is live on RTE Radio 1, as part of Sunday Sport where Michael Corcoran and Donal Lenihan will provide commentary from Stade Marcel Michelin. The game is broadcast on all wavelengths on RTE Radio 1, and for those overseas, on the RTE website. Commentary from 3pm, Irish time.

In addition to Sky Sports 2 who will show the game live on Sunday, the Official Leinster Supporters Club (OLSC) can confirm the following international broadcast arrangements for those supporters around the world.

UK & Ireland - Live on Sky Sports 2 from 3pm Sunday
Australia - Live on Setanta Australia from 1.55am Monday
South Africa - Live on Super Sport 2 from 4.45pm Sunday
Asia - Live on Eurosport Asia from 11pm HKT Sunday
USA - Delayed on Fox Soccer Plus from 2.00pm ET Sunday
New Zealand - Delayed on The Rugby Channel from 9.30am Monday
Canada - Unfortunately no coverage this weekend

The OLSC bases in London (Porterhouse Covent Garden), Newcastle (Tynside Irish Centre), Birmingham (Oh Velvet Bar), Dubai (McGettigans) and Sydney (The Gaelic Club) will all be showing the game live. The bases in New York (Madhatter Saloon) and Christchurch (Monza Sports Bar) are showing the game delayed at 2pm Sunday and 6.30pm Monday respectively.

Further information from the OLSC for supporters abroad can be found HERE

LEINSTER:

15: Ian Madigan
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Gordon D'Arcy
12: Andrew Goodman
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Damian Browne
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Richardt Strauss
17: Jack McGrath
18: Michael Bent
19: Devin Toner
20: Shane Jennings
21: Eoin Reddan
22: Fionn Carr
23: Andrew Conway

REFEREE: Nigel Owens (WRU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Sean Brickell, Jon Mason (both WRU), TMO: Derek Bevan (WRU)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Oh jeysus. No VDM. Balls balls balls.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Oh dear God.

The lack of any impact on that bench is scary. If Healy goes off injured.. we are fooked..

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Can Bent play LH?

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:24 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:Can Bent play LH?
Yup

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 pm

But then Ross has to play 80

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:But then Ross has to play 80

Rotate a bit? If Healy comes off on 50, stick Bent in there until the 65th and bring on McGrath to cover Bent as he moves over for Ross...

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Anyone know why Cronin is starting this one over Strauss?

Interesting that Dave K isn't included at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:Anyone know why Cronin is starting this one over Strauss?

Interesting that Dave K isn't included at all.
Knock with Kearney. Cronin is bigger. Big pack to start. Jeno, Strauss and Redser to come on later for speed.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 pm

VDM is a surprise, didn't see that coming.
Backrow as expected.
Backline I'm happy with what is picked. While I prefer Isa at fullback to Madigan, I also prefer Isa on the wing over Conway or Carr, so I can't play him everywhere.
It's McGrath on the bench really, but it is shock for me not seeing VDM, I'd have more confidence in him coming on at LH than Carr coming on at wing.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Huge day for McGrath really.

Very glad we have gone for our 'Away team' I think that is completely the right decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Hank must be injured no? No way McGrath would be there if he wasn't. He didn't do a bad job against Cusack in the Glasgow game but still that Clermont pack is a different beast...
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next