The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh Probables v Possibles to take place on 30th May

+42
BigTrevsbigmac
HammerofThunor
wales606
Cari
rainbow-warrior
SecretFly
Blueschief
sickofwendy
MMaaxx
No9
maverickmak
glamorganalun
Nematode
Rugby Fan
samuraidragon
TBJ9625
wrfc1980
BlueNote
irnbrew
Jimpy
PenfroPete
jimmyinthewell68
Poorfour
XR
lostinwales
welshy824 (new)
bluestonevedder
greygoose
Scratch
Scoped
Seagultaf
GavinDragon
Jhamer25
Cardiff Dave
Notch
The Saint
Knowsit17
bedfordwelsh
Coleman
Scrumpy
Norfolklass
munkian
46 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Welsh Probables v Possibles to take place on 30th May - Page 2 Empty Welsh Probables v Possibles to take place on 30th May

Post by munkian Thu 08 May 2014, 4:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

At the Liberty Stadium according to Twitter. Not seen it elsewhere yet.

Will be interesting to see who is available for selection and who they think are possibles

From a Dragon's point of view I'd like to see Amos, Rees, Lewis Evans, Cudd, Dixon and Tyler Morgan given a run.

Jordan Williams needs a run too ! Would like to see Gavlar too, shirts and skins, swit swoooo  Smile 

EDIT

Its yer

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/30400.php
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Welsh Probables v Possibles to take place on 30th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Welsh Probables v Possibles to take place on 30th May

Post by greygoose Mon 12 May 2014, 12:51 pm

What a farce, the prl really are a bunch of barstewards. Obviously any players involved in the final wouldn't play but the rest should be available given that their seasons are over!
I wonder if this prl policy of not releasing non-english players falls foul of eu regulations?

greygoose

Back to top Go down

Welsh Probables v Possibles to take place on 30th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Welsh Probables v Possibles to take place on 30th May

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 12 May 2014, 12:53 pm

What about young Sam Lewis at Ospreys? Is he a likely tourist?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 12 May 2014, 1:06 pm

Sam Lewis IMO, is not a likely tourist, though could be involved in the probables squad.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014, 1:16 pm

I do reckon Josh Navidi will get the nod over him for 2 reasons.

Hes played as first choice for the majority of the season as Warburton hasnt been available and put in good performances, and he has toured with Wales before in Japan.

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Mon 12 May 2014, 1:27 pm

these are players i would like to see involved

1) gethin, rob evans ( struggling for replacements)
2) Smiler, Owens, Baldwin, Dacey
3) A jones, Lee, R Jones, Jarvis
4/5) Ball, Wyn jones, Davies, Evans (again struggling for replacements)
6) coombes, evans, turnball
7) Sam lewis, josh navidi, shingle
8) faletau, baker
9) Rhodri jones, gareth davies, habberfield, rees
10) Biggar, Tovey (bit bare here as owen Williams wont be released and injuries to priest and patchell)
11) Prydie, J Williams
12) Dixon, shingle
13) Allen, Davies
14) Cuthbert, Phillips
15) Evans, Williams, Amos

other players who i would have liked to have seen but will likely be unavailable are: Charteris, Hook, James, Gill, Owen Williams, Roberts, lydiate, phillips and possibly Henson.

also players out injured at the moment such as hibbard, priestland, scott Williams, halfpenny, beck, tipuric, warburton etc i haven't included, although a few may be fit to tour

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon 12 May 2014, 1:31 pm

IronMike wrote:Looks like English based players will not be allowed to take part

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/27356468

Great news  Yahoo , I'm sure the AP clubs will forward some highlight videos of the players performances this season for Gatland and Co to watch. thumbsup
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Mon 12 May 2014, 1:39 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
IronMike wrote:Looks like English based players will not be allowed to take part

Great news, I'm sure the AP clubs will forward some highlight videos of the players performances this season for Gatland and Co to watch. thumbsup 

scrumpy I know you are trying to antagonise posters on here but why is it great news, for those players who are not involved in the playoffs the prl are creating a disadvantage for those players to try and push for international honours. Surely it could be classed under EU regulations as racism/prejudice as not allowing a "foreign" player to play for his club, whereas they let English players attend training camps outside IRB times?

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 12 May 2014, 1:43 pm

welshy824 (new) wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

Great news, I'm sure the AP clubs will forward some highlight videos of the players performances this season for Gatland and Co to watch. thumbsup 

scrumpy I know you are trying to antagonise posters on here but why is it great news, for those players who are not involved in the playoffs the prl are creating a disadvantage for those players to try and push for international honours. Surely it could be classed under EU regulations as racism/prejudice as not allowing a "foreign" player to play for his club, whereas they let English players attend training camps outside IRB times?

That is because the RFU pay the PRL for access to their players for training camps etc outside of international windows. AP teams are more than happy to release players within international windows. This end of term thing is obviously a bit more of a grey area than, say, the extra autumn international but there is the argument that the WRU are being unreasonable in asking for access to their players outside of those windows. It is an argument that has been done to death a few times.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon 12 May 2014, 1:47 pm

Its great news as someone like Paul James has played his part in a long season for Bath, he really doesn't need to put his neck on the line to show Gatland what he is about, they already know all there is to know about him.

Great news for him, Bath and in the long run Wales. Very Happy 

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 12 May 2014, 2:21 pm

Tend not to agree with scrumpy often but this time a i do. The exiles that possibly won't be available (O Williams aside) are all experienced players that the management know about and what they can and can't do so least it gives someone else a bit of a chance.

After all its not as if the exiles won't be allowed to tour.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 12 May 2014, 2:26 pm

It also seems as though one of the motivations for the game was to keep prospective internationals from the regions game sharp. I would have thought most of the Welsh players in the AP and T14 who might be in with a shout of touring are with clubs still involved in their own seasons.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon 12 May 2014, 2:37 pm

I just think that this game is a huge risk.

I don't know about you but whenever I played against one of my mates I made sure I'd hit him as hard as I could in a tackle, add the prospect that he might get to tour and I might not I'd hit him even harder still. (and I expect them to do the same to me.)

Gatland and the WRU could end up with egg on their faces if anyone picks up an injury that rules them out of the tour due to this meaningless exhibition game.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 12 May 2014, 2:45 pm

The Saint wrote:Sam Lewis IMO, is not a likely tourist, though could be involved in the probables squad.

OK

I just saw a rave review about him pressing for Tipuric's place when there was the whole debacle about him leaving for Dragons, and then not. Seem him play a few times, and looks very decent to me. Maybe one for the future

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 12 May 2014, 3:16 pm

tickets on sale but still no Kick Off time?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 12 May 2014, 5:13 pm

I can't wait to see these side tomorrow because i don't understand what they are going to be like. I understand the probables vs possibles bit but what about replacements, will we see the likes of Rhodri Williams, Rhodri Jones or Bradley Davies on the bench for the probables or starting for the possibles.
Plus with the English and french players, maybe being rule out, will we have much quality to choose from
Will the likes of Paul James, Marc Jones, Rhys gill, Dan Lydiate be named in the squads tomorrow even though they are not guaranteed to play.
It's all a bit confusing at the mo

Last edited by Jhamer25 on Mon 12 May 2014, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 12 May 2014, 5:17 pm

No RP on tour means Williams should go, but will not be released by Leics for the game

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Mon 12 May 2014, 5:42 pm

Given Gatland's training regime, I do wonder if this will become a virtual match of the Probably Injured vs the Possibly Injured

(Sorry, couldn't resist [Ducks for cover])
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon 12 May 2014, 5:45 pm

Dan lydiate and Scott Williams are out of the SA tour . great  Crying or Very sad 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 12 May 2014, 5:46 pm

Doh 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 12 May 2014, 6:19 pm

We should lose a couple more in the trail, probably JD2 or Taulupe…..just to keep things hard the way we like it  Rolling Eyes 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 12 May 2014, 6:21 pm

We should lose a couple more in the trail, probably JD2 or Taulupe…..just to keep things hard the way we like it  Rolling Eyes 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 12 May 2014, 9:24 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:Dan lydiate and Scott Williams are out of the SA tour .  great  Crying or Very sad 

Where did you get the news that Lydiate is out of the SA tour? Because from what I've read he only has a hamstring strain, missed the Toulouse game but is expected to play in the Toulon game.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon 12 May 2014, 9:37 pm

Is it too late to cry off for Wales and England this summer?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 13 May 2014, 8:00 am

The Saint wrote:
jimmyinthewell68 wrote:Dan lydiate and Scott Williams are out of the SA tour .  great  Crying or Very sad 

Where did you get the news that Lydiate is out of the SA tour? Because from what I've read he only has a hamstring strain, missed the Toulouse game but is expected to play in the Toulon game.
it was from Wales on line , perhaps they altered it when realising lydiate would be ok . phew we really need that guy .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 13 May 2014, 8:14 am

injured list includes
halfpenny
hibbard
emyr Philips
bevington
James king
rhys Webb
ashley beck
Scott Williams
rhys priestland
Sam warburton
tipuric

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 May 2014, 8:42 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:injured list  includes
halfpenny
hibbard
emyr Philips
bevington
James king
rhys Webb
ashley beck
Scott Williams
rhys priestland
Sam warburton
tipuric

I know its all about strength in depth etc but IMO the ones of that list who we will miss are the established ones, I don't rate Bevington, King or Beck while Webb is hit n miss and as for Priestland no one wants him near the squad anyway if you read these boards.

We have cover for most and it will give other players a chance to stake a claim injuries are part and parcel of the game so we have to deal with it and not use as excuse.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 13 May 2014, 8:50 am

Squads revealed today - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/warren-gatland-reveals-possibles-v-7109574

Exact Kick off time yet to be decided. Yes, we have to fit into TV schedules
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue 13 May 2014, 9:23 am

welshy824 (new) wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

Oh for God's sake, listen to yourself will you. Feeling victimised? Marginalised? Picked on?

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 13 May 2014, 10:07 am

PenfroPete wrote:Squads revealed today - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/warren-gatland-reveals-possibles-v-7109574

Will the game be televised does anyone know?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 13 May 2014, 10:07 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
jimmyinthewell68 wrote:injured list  includes
halfpenny
hibbard
emyr Philips
bevington
James king
rhys Webb
ashley beck
Scott Williams
rhys priestland
Sam warburton
tipuric

I know its all about strength in depth etc but IMO the ones of that list who we will miss are the established ones, I don't rate Bevington, King or Beck while Webb is hit n miss and as for Priestland no one wants him near the squad anyway if you read these boards.

We have cover for most and it will give other players a chance to stake a claim injuries are part and parcel of the game so we have to deal with it and not use as excuse.

Out of that list, we would only really miss Halfpenny's strike rate and Hibbards physicality. I've stopped expecting a big game from Warburton as he can be so hit and miss lately. I hope that Navidi is named in one of the trial sides and has 60 minutes to show he's a more consistent Sam Warburton than the actual sam warburton.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 13 May 2014, 10:19 am

Notch wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:Squads revealed today - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/warren-gatland-reveals-possibles-v-7109574

Will the game be televised does anyone know?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/probables-v-possibles-match-whos-7096299

"The game will take place on Friday May 30.

Kick off time and television details are yet to be decided"

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/tickets/index.php (Click on Senior Trial)

Where: Liberty Stadium, Swansea
When: Friday 30th May
KO: 19:00 tbc
Price: £5 adults / £1 U16s

Tickets will be available from the Liberty Stadium box office, WRU Store on Westgate Street online* or by calling 0844 815 6665 from 10am on Tuesday 13th May.

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 13 May 2014, 10:25 am

i find it incredible that they're selling tickets without a confirmed kick off time. no consideration for fans who may wish to go but live further afield.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 May 2014, 10:28 am

gcBlues wrote:i find it incredible that they're selling tickets without a confirmed kick off time. no consideration for fans who may wish to go but live further afield.

Its the WRU should we expect anything different, dis-agree with you on Warburton GC thought he had very good 6 Nations.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 May 2014, 10:28 am

gcBlues wrote:i find it incredible that they're selling tickets without a confirmed kick off time. no consideration for fans who may wish to go but live further afield.

Its the WRU should we expect anything different, dis-agree with you on Warburton GC thought he had very good 6 Nations.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 13 May 2014, 10:32 am

He may have had a decent 6N but i guess i mean more generally, for wales or the blues. I believe you should get picked for your country on performance for your country AND region/club not reputation. For me, Navidi has played excellenty for the blues this year, and has been far more consistent and impacted more games than i can remember Warburton ever doing. May seem a stark statement but it's a reality these days.

Last edited by gcBlues on Tue 13 May 2014, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 May 2014, 10:34 am

gc,

That can be said for a lot out there mind, all coaches will have their go to players and until this tour Navidi was behind Sam and Tips but I agree if they want a 7 then he should get his chance this tour.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 13 May 2014, 10:37 am

Oh i agree, and i can see the case for keeping a stable squad. We're just in a position where the captain of the wales team isn't as good, or played as good, as the guy who plays in his position at his region.

Which is why i hope JN gets a good 60 minutes to show his worth and goes on tour with a chance of playing in the 'first team', unlike last years Japan debacle.

Last edited by gcBlues on Tue 13 May 2014, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 13 May 2014, 10:37 am

Scrumpy wrote:

Great news  Yahoo , I'm sure the AP clubs will forward some highlight videos of the players performances this season for Gatland and Co to watch. thumbsup

Very Happy 

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 13 May 2014, 10:41 am

welshy824 (new) wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:

IRB regulations?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 13 May 2014, 10:44 am

gcBlues wrote:tickets on sale but still no Kick Off time?

5-15pm, Sunday afternoon?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 13 May 2014, 10:45 am

greygoose wrote:What a farce,

Certainly is.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 May 2014, 11:21 am

Again though do we expect anything else from the WRU
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 13 May 2014, 11:31 am

I'm sure Songs of Praise on then!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 13 May 2014, 11:35 am

Scrumpy wrote:I'm sure Songs of Praise on then!

Not on a Friday sorry Scrumpy but sure you can find it on i player if that desperate
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 13 May 2014, 11:47 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:Again though do we expect anything else from the WRU

Aye and it's why we need a change at the top.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 13 May 2014, 11:53 am

Scrumpy wrote:I'm sure Songs of Praise on then!

Featuring Rog with his collection plate.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 13 May 2014, 12:09 pm

Probables Squad

Forwards:
Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Owen Evans (Dragons), Rhys Gill (Saracens), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys) (Captain), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Ryan Jones (Bristol), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Josh Navidi (Blues), Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro), Taulupe Faletau (Dragons).

Backs:
Rhodri Williams (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Sam Davies (Ospreys), Jon Davies (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), Gavin Henson (Bath), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton), Hallam Amos (Dragons), Liam Williams (Scarlets).

Possibles Squad
Forwards:
Paul James (Bath), Phil Price (Dragons), Rob Evans (Scarlets), Matthew Rees (Blues), Kristian Dacey (Blues), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Scott Andrews (Blues), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Andrew Coombs (Dragons), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Macauley Cook (Blues), Josh Turnbull (Scarlets), James Davies (Scarlets), Dan Baker (Ospreys).

Backs:
Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Matthew Morgan (Ospreys), Harry Robinson (Blues), Owen Williams (Leicester), Steven Shingler (Scarlets), Cory Allen (Blues), Jonathan Spratt (Ospreys), Tom Prydie (Dragons), Jordan Williams (Scarlets).

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 13 May 2014, 12:10 pm

the orange one is back  Yahoo 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 13 May 2014, 12:18 pm

As mentioned previously, i would like players in the squad who have been performing well for their regions/clubs. Lloyd Williams has been second fiddle all season to Lewis Jones. I'm not saying Jones should be in the wales trial picture, he shouldn't, but how can you say that Lloyd Williams has justified being considered? Because he's played for Wales before? Couldn't Shane just un-retire and do a shift as back up 9 for this match?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 13 May 2014, 12:19 pm

Lots of AP/T14 players listed. Are they all going to be available?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next