The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+11
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Alistair
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Dolphin Ziggler
1GrumpyGolfer
ShahenshahG
Galted
JuliusHMarx
15 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 14 Feb 2016, 8:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

infin itive

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:04 am

I thought you were about 32ish rick? Can't be an age thing or else Rowley wouldn't leave his chair.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:09 am

I don't think he does leave his chair, barring going to countries where he is considered the model of athleticism and charm...

I quite fancy going to the states, but it has been that long that I have actually gone abroad for a proper holiday I would happily go anywhere to be honest.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:33 am

rick_dagless wrote:I don't think he does leave his chair, barring going to countries where he is considered the model of athleticism and charm...

I quite fancy going to the states, but it has been that long that I have actually gone abroad for a proper holiday I would happily go anywhere to be honest.

Smile

Me too. I'm going to try and get to Amsterdam for a couple of days. I need the break and the weed. Sadly it's just a dream at the moment. No plans for the year ahead?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:43 am

No real plans for the year ahead yet though I fully want to go away in the summer once the role settles down a bit, though no idea where.

Not been to Amsterdam for ages, though I always preferred Rotterdam to be honest.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:48 am

Never been on holiday, visited for about half an hour with my cousin. Too much family obligations to go away for any extended period of time so usually just go where I gotta go explore in that area and get back home within a couple of days. All work and no play makes Shah a dull and angry terrorist.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 8:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AOAap6_k4&index=4&list=PLORufFmJXATVNWAZq8i6aLZiHbZkzjFxT

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:09 am

Morning all.

It was quite hot today and it's going to be even hotter in the next few days.
A day of progress; most of the electrical works are in but alas the pool still looks like a frying pan with some dark green sludge at the deep end.
On a good note, however, the pool finisher will be starting in a few weeks. He was booked out from September to February. Selected the colour... just the waterline tiles to decide.

Shah, Amsterdam isn't that far from Luton.
Just go ahead and book your accommodation; even if it's only just for a few days.
The family will survive without you, surely? Or is it best to wait until just after the new one arrives?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:25 am

The finances are zeroed again my friend.New Bed, New Baby Bed, New toddler bed, New carpet, Wall Mural, Paint rest of the walls, New giant wardrobe. Baby clothes, Nappies etc etc and have had to double the wife's rations to two grapes a day. Plus the Toddler is 4 now and it's impossible to get her to sit still. Can't be spending the rainy day fund on holidays.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:47 am

Shah...despite you comments to the contrary it's fairly f*cking obvious why you don't travel abroad

**cough** He's one of them, officer **cough**

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:49 am

Had this scandal here where certain cultures were buying up large quantities of baby formula from supermarkets.

It got really out of hand and restrictions were put in place on how many you could buy at any one time. Apparently this stuff is huge in China... must be full of body building nutrients and a secret special healthy baby formula which cannot be replicated in the sweatshops.

Let me know if you need a few drums, Shah. I'll see what I can do for you.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:51 am

I'm hurt that you think I'm so clumsy as to get inconvenienced by those eejits. Have you not yet realised why I have cultivated Rowleys servitude friendship?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:59 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:Had this scandal here where certain cultures were buying up large quantities of baby formula from supermarkets.

It got really out of hand and restrictions were put in place on how many you could buy at any one time. Apparently this stuff is huge in China... must be full of body building nutrients and a secret special healthy baby formula which cannot be replicated in the sweatshops.

China the demand for practically anything of good quality is insane. If you find any imperial age antiques you can make upwards of 10k gbp for fairly innocuous items such as a footstool if you sell them under anonymity. So worth checking through your jumble and car boot sales.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:06 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Had this scandal here where certain cultures were buying up large quantities of baby formula from supermarkets.

China the demand for practically anything of good quality is insane. If you find any imperial age antiques you can make upwards of 10k gbp for fairly innocuous items such as a footstool if you sell them under anonymity. So worth checking through your jumble and car boot sales.

Funny, saw an antique roadshow episode where some old gal* bought an unwanted watercolour for around 10 or 12 quid at a garage sale.
Turned out it was from some renowned Dutch artist (whose name I have forgotten completely) and it was worth 40-50k (min reserve) but could fetch up to 60 on a good day at awwwk-shun.

Actually, it was that old gal's mother who bought it at a junk sale in the 40s or 50s.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:41 am

Can't go wrong with a bit of China In Your Hand.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:57 am

1. For one point each name the artist/song that was the 2014 Christmas no. 1 single?
2. Who wrote White Christmas?
3. The soundtrack for which 1958 musical film holds the record for the most weeks at No. 1 in the album charts (115 weeks)?
4. Only one father and son have both had individual no. 1 singles. The songs were Begin the Beguine and Hero. Who were the father & son?
5. Which 1975 song is the only top 40 hit to have had a palindromic title and a palindromic band name (one point each for song & band)?
6. Jazz trumpeter John Gillespie was better known by what nickname?
7. In September 2009 who became the oldest living artist to make it into No. 1 in the British album chart, at the age of 92?
8. Which country singer wrote the autobiography Man In Black?
9. Which band released the 1981 LP The Gospel According to the Meninblack?
10. Who sang the song ‘Men in Black’, from the film of the same name?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Feb 2016, 11:10 am

5. Abba SOS?
10. Will Smith
6. Dizzy?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 23 Feb 2016, 11:17 am

8 Johnny Cash

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Feb 2016, 11:48 am

All correct so far.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:12 pm

7. Vera Lynn I remember something about her being in the charts and she is getting on a bit...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:19 pm

Correct

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:43 pm

Looked up the answer to number three.  I would never have guessed it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm

1 ben haenow something I need
2 Irving Berlin
3 south Pacific
4 Julio and Enrique inglesias

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:01 pm

Don't know but surely 9 is the Stranglers?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:06 pm

Afternoon Jizzy Jeff. How is work treating you?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:14 pm

Busy as hell at the minute Shah. Just met a client who worked in security, looking to bring his wife over. Was going to double check if he was you by any chance but he had wasted far too much of my time already so I didn't bother.

On the off chance it was you congratulations on a truly spectacular beard.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm

Sadly no. Have a wispy beard it's always been a sore point for me. Also you already know how we go through veterinary channels so I can bring through several wives at any one time. You ought to remember seeing as I've paid you bloody enough.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:1 ben haenow something I need
2 Irving Berlin
3  south Pacific
4 Julio and Enrique inglesias

correct

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:21 pm

Rowley wrote:Don't know but surely 9 is the Stranglers?

Correct

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:27 pm

2 piece chicken and chips with a pepsi. 5/10 No coke ruined what was an excellent meal

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:33 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:2 piece chicken and chips with a pepsi.

No. 2 was Irving Berlin.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:35 pm

Haha already got it.

Youuuuuuuuuu make me feeeeeeeeeeeeel mighty reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:37 pm

Peas pies pudding chips and Riiiiiiice...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:40 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Peas pies pudding chips and Riiiiiiice...

Rating. Don't forget the ratingggggg

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

No that was a dance track
"The Bomb"

Misheard Lyrics:

Peas pies, curry chips, and rice

Original Lyrics:

Street-sounds swirling through my mind.

(Suggest Different Misheard Lyrics) (Suggest Correction)

What I had for dinners was a Tuna Sarnie and Bag of crisps, and no soup 3/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:52 pm

rick_dagless wrote:No that was a dance track
"The Bomb"

Misheard Lyrics:

Peas pies, curry chips, and rice

Original Lyrics:

Street-sounds swirling through my mind.

(Suggest Different Misheard Lyrics) (Suggest Correction)

What I had for dinners was a Tuna Sarnie and Bag of crisps, and no soup 3/10

Naz dancing to the ring with that blaring in the background. God what a time it was to be alive.

If you want misheard lyrics search for dilbar dilbar misheard lyrics on youtube. It's f*cking funny and puerile so pick where you watch it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:57 pm

https://youtu.be/bLpROhIg9eA

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:11 pm

Jeff hit the boxing forum before a sectarian war breaks out.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 23 Feb 2016, 2:27 pm

Just posted the potato joke from yesterday on the boxing board (Frampton v Quigg thread). Anyone want to bet on how long it will take Sheng to try and get me banned?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Feb 2016, 3:07 pm

He is on it now I suspect...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Feb 2016, 3:20 pm

I had a junk e-mail from someone saying they could help me with my outstanding balance. But as my balance is indeed outstanding, I don't really need any help with it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 4:01 pm

Why did the chicken commit suicide? To get to the other side

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Feb 2016, 6:28 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Jeff hit the boxing forum before a sectarian war breaks out.

I'm gonna try my best to take down the off-topic section whilst I'm at it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 6:39 pm

Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 23 Feb 2016, 9:59 pm

Barry mcguigan. Hope all is well. I don't work at did cot. Peace out.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:18 pm

Hi all.
I'm off to bed.

Last.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:20 pm

Not even close Adam

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:45 pm

Last

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Feb 2016, 10:53 pm

Sure?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 Feb 2016, 11:10 pm

Just got in. Weisz and I were out kicking down the fort Tino built with his kids. Perv.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 23 Feb 2016, 11:59 pm

Last notches

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next