The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+7
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Galted
rIck_dAgless
kingraf
11 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Thu 01 May 2014, 9:58 am

First topic message reminder :

You say tomato, I say Tamara Ecclestone (who michaels has almost certainly probably had a slice of)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Wed 07 May 2014, 8:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Did you watch the Bear Grylls thing? I think he's more of a pretty boy than Galted Ray Mears.

I made a fire even though it was drizzling when I went camping in the South Downs with a mate (in a non-Brokeback way) last year.

Whereabouts in the South Downs?

No idea. There was a farmhouse, some sheep and sh1tloads of trees and pheasants if that narrows it down.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 May 2014, 8:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Yes, seany, I did watch it.  That old retired police officer is going to get very annoying.  He would come to an 'accident' somewhere in the mangrove swamp if I was on that Island.

Missus wants me to go to Florida in September. Kayaking through the mangroves. I informed her that I would need a much sturdier vessel in a mangrove (Iwas thinking that tray with a fan on that Gentle Ben used to drive). Dangerous places although great fishing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 May 2014, 8:58 am

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Did you watch the Bear Grylls thing? I think he's more of a pretty boy than Galted Ray Mears.

I made a fire even though it was drizzling when I went camping in the South Downs with a mate (in a non-Brokeback way) last year.

No idea.  There was a farmhouse, some sheep and sh1tloads of trees and pheasants if that narrows it down.

So you made a fire in the fireplace of the farmhouse, while it was drizzling outside. Impressive.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 May 2014, 8:59 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Yes, seany, I did watch it.  That old retired police officer is going to get very annoying.  He would come to an 'accident' somewhere in the mangrove swamp if I was on that Island.

Missus wants me to go to Florida in September. Kayaking through the mangroves. I informed her that I would need a much sturdier vessel in a mangrove (Iwas thinking that tray with a fan on that Gentle Ben used to drive). Dangerous places although great fishing.

You're not supposed to call them mangroves anymore. Persongroves is the correct term.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 May 2014, 9:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
You're not supposed to call them mangroves anymore. Persongroves is the correct term.

Less of the vegan talk on here.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 9:11 am

Did my democratic duty, and lounged at the voting station, now it's time to work
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 May 2014, 9:32 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

No idea.  There was a farmhouse, some sheep and sh1tloads of trees and pheasants if that narrows it down.

So you made a fire in the fireplace of the farmhouse, while it was drizzling outside. Impressive.

No, Julius.  The farmhouse is where the farmer lived and where his wife, no doubt, would have been charged with starting the fire.  A tent in a field is where the campers (my mate and myself) lived non-Brokebackedly and where I made the fire.

I dreamed about you again last night, by the way.  You weren't God this time, you were a bit like Kevin Spacey in Se7en but with long, bendy limbs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 May 2014, 9:32 am

kingraf wrote:Did my democratic duty, and lounged at the voting station, now it's time to work

So who'd you vote for or did you just lounge?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 9:37 am

I just lounged, stood in the queue for five minutes, and thought to myself, I'm pretty sure you vote for someone to lead the country, not to strategically provide opposition, so I didn't vote. S.A. politics is rather barren wasteland, thought it better to earn double the pay working on a public holiday.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 May 2014, 9:43 am

kingraf wrote:I just lounged, stood in the queue for five minutes, and thought to myself, I'm pretty sure you vote for someone to lead the country, not to strategically provide opposition, so I didn't vote. S.A. politics is rather barren wasteland, thought it better to earn double the pay working on a public holiday.

What an excellent tactician and fine cynic.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 May 2014, 9:47 am

Galted wrote:
kingraf wrote:I just lounged, stood in the queue for five minutes, and thought to myself, I'm pretty sure you vote for someone to lead the country, not to strategically provide opposition, so I didn't vote. S.A. politics is rather barren wasteland, thought it better to earn double the pay working on a public holiday.

It's the first time that people born after the ANC took power are eligible to vote so will be interesting to see if the love affair is over.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 May 2014, 9:51 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

No, Julius.  The farmhouse is where the farmer lived and where his wife, no doubt, would have been charged with starting the fire.  A tent in a field is where the campers (my mate and myself) lived non-Brokebackedly and where I made the fire.

I dreamed about you again last night, by the way.  You weren't God this time, you were a bit like Kevin Spacey in Se7en but with long, bendy limbs.

I've never dreamt about you and would be very worried if I did.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 May 2014, 9:55 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

I've never dreamt about you and would be very worried if I did.

Feels a bit like someone tore my heart from my chest and wedged it down the back of a radiator.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 May 2014, 9:57 am

What is black and slides up and down Nelson's column?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 May 2014, 10:00 am

seanmichaels wrote:What is black and slides up and down Nelson's column?

The old ones are the best.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 May 2014, 10:05 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:What is black and slides up and down Nelson's column?

The old ones are the best.

It is up there with 'Did you hear about the Irishman who tried to blow up a bus?' in my books. I know a good one about a kid, his Grandad and a magic trick but it could trigger a visit from the officers working on Operation Yew Tree.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 10:07 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

It's the first time that people born after the ANC took power are eligible to vote so will be interesting to see if the love affair is over.

Will be interesting in 2019, 40% of the country Is under 21, so could be a big swing. In this election, I think it's a walkover for the ANC. Could have been interesting, had they had legitimate opposition.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 May 2014, 10:15 am

kingraf wrote:Could have been interesting, had they had legitimate opposition.

Yes, it was a shame the passing of Eugene Terblanche.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 10:27 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Real shame, if only he'd revealed earlier that He loved little black boys.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 10:32 am

seanmichaels wrote:

That was a terrifying documentary that Louis Theroux did with Terblanche.

He was a intimidating chap, old Eugene.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 May 2014, 10:34 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

That was a terrifying documentary that Louis Theroux did with Terblanche.

He was a intimidating chap, old Eugene.

And as Hull KR points out, a bummer.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 10:44 am

It's always the alpha males that feel the need to go alpha on other males
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 10:45 am

It's always the alpha males that feel the need to go alpha on other males
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 10:46 am

Whenever the chat on here ever looks like it may flirt round things of a cultural nature you can always rely on michaels to nip that in the bud.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 10:53 am

Rowley wrote:Whenever the chat on here ever looks like it may flirt round things of a cultural nature you can always rely on michaels to nip that in the bud.

How are you, Jeffrey? You weren't around much yesterday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 May 2014, 11:00 am

Rowley wrote:Whenever the chat on here ever looks like it may flirt round things of a cultural nature you can always rely on michaels to nip that in the bud.

Don't blame me. It is Julius and Galted who insist on talking about pubes and hamptons.

As a point, it is of interest to me that they are letting UK based south Africans vote in these elections. Not that it matters of course.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 May 2014, 11:02 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Don't blame me. It is Julius and Galted who insist on talking about pubes and hamptons.

As a point, it is of interest to me that they are letting UK based south Africans vote in these elections. Not that it matters of course.

Hampton

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Hampton

A little piece of me dies every time you post that, Jules.

You're better than this. You're the grand old man of the Culture Cup. A Gandalf like figure. Using an unfunny and juvenile word all the time is not becoming of you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 May 2014, 11:08 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Hampton

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:09 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Hampton

Laugh

A little piece of me is regenerated every time you post, Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 11:14 am

How are you, Jeffrey?  You weren't around much yesterday.

Was off work so between catching up on Game of Thrones and finishing Tyson's god awful autobiography did not have a lot of time. Your concern is always touching though Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:16 am

Rowley wrote:

How are you, Jeffrey?  You weren't around much yesterday.

Was off work so between catching up on Game of Thrones and finishing Tyson's god awful autobiography did not have a lot of time. Your concern is always touching though Tina.

Surely you weren't off sick again?

Where are you up to with GoT? It truly is immense.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 11:20 am

Bang up to date with it Tina. This series is a bit slow burn, but is still one of the better things on the TV. Was in full health yesterday.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:23 am

Rowley wrote:Bang up to date with it Tina. This series is a bit slow burn, but is still one of the better things on the TV. Was in full health yesterday.

I like the pace of this series.  All the political manoeuvring is great.

I like the new chap, Oberyn Martell.  Famous lover, fighter and philosopher.  Hard not to see the similarities I have with him.

Have you been watching Fargo?

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 07 May 2014, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 May 2014, 11:27 am

Have been watching Fargo. Enjoying that as well. Been some good TV on recently. I enjoyed True Detective about as much as I have enjoyed anything recently.

Oberyn reminds me of Coxy to be honest.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 07 May 2014, 11:28 am

I like Game of Thrones. Some of the minge action is exceptional.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:29 am

Rowley wrote:Have been watching Fargo. Enjoying that as well. Been some good TV on recently. I enjoyed True Detective about as much as I have enjoyed anything recently.

Oberyn reminds me of Coxy to be honest.

Coxy reminds me of Hodor.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote: I love Charlotte Church................That Crazy chick video........Ooh yeah..

I didn't think it was possible, but Truss has managed to increase the campness on the weightlifting board.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 11:40 am

Paying the muscle room of the site a visit Tina? Looking to get big? My mate's a professional boxer/ personal trainer/ bouncer...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 May 2014, 11:41 am

Have read all of the Game of Thrones books to date so tempted to go spolier crazy and ruin it for everyone! I could wreak havoc if I had more than 9 followers on my redundant twitter account.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:42 am

kingraf wrote:Paying the muscle room of the site a visit Tina? Looking to get big? My mate's a professional boxer/ personal trainer/ bouncer...

Always like popping in there for a little bit of homo-eroticism, Kingster.

Much less hassle than standing in a plastic bag in a toilet cubicle on Clapham Common.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:43 am

superflyweight wrote:Have read all of the Game of Thrones books to date so tempted to go spolier crazy and ruin it for everyone!  I could wreak havoc if I had more than 9 followers on my redundant twitter account.  

What is a 'spolier'?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 May 2014, 11:50 am

It's a derogatory term used to describe the kind of d!ckhead who flounces his way round the internet pointing out typos.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 May 2014, 11:50 am

Tino wrote:What is a 'spolier'?

Etymology
Borrowed from Latin spoliāre (present active infinitive of spoliō), whence also inherited Old French espoillier.

Verb
spolier

(transitive) to despoil

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 May 2014, 11:51 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Hampton

A little piece of me dies every time you post that, Jules.

You're better than this.  You're the grand old man of the Culture Cup.  A Gandalf like figure.  Using an unfunny and juvenile word all the time is not becoming of you.

I consider myself suitably upbraided, Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 11:52 am

superflyweight wrote:It's a derogatory term used to describe the kind of d!ckhead who flounces his way round the internet pointing out typos.  

So you're calling Galted and Julius d*ckheads then?

Charming. No wonder only your family subscribe to your Twitter account.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 May 2014, 11:56 am

My wife unfollowed me because she was worried about an insult I'd sent to David Cameron. I no longer post anything because I was only doing it to wind her up.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 May 2014, 11:59 am

superflyweight wrote:It's a derogatory term used to describe the kind of d!ckhead who flounces his way round the internet pointing out typos.  

Charming.  No wonder only your family subscribe to your Twitter account.

I don't point out typos, I point out grammatical errors and laziness, such as the incorrect use of, or missing, apostrophes, you f*cking hampton.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 May 2014, 12:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I don't point out typos, I point out grammatical errors and laziness, such as the incorrect use of, or missing, apostrophes, you f*cking hampton.

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 May 2014, 12:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

But you still flounce.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next